Miandad blasts Pakistan board

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Javed Miandad has blasted the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for the shabby treatment of some top ex-cricketers during the Faysal Bank T20 Cup, which commenced at the National Stadium here Sunday.

Miandad, who is director-general of the PCB, was also not spared and was shocked after the PCB sent him Chairman Box ‘B' passes instead of Box ‘A' for the tournament.

"I was surprised to receive Chairman Box ‘B' passes instead of Chairman Box ‘A' for the T20 Cup on Sunday afternoon. Being director-general and member Governing Board of the PCB, I can tolerate this kind of things. But don't treat legendary Hanif Mohammad, Zaheer Abbas, Moin Khan, Shoaib Mohammad and others in the same fashion," an angry Miandad was quoted as saying in the Pakistani media.

Miandad was offered no role in the organisation of the tournament despite holding a position on the cricket board.

Humiliated

As per the rules, all former Pakistan captains, top players and signatories are invited to sit in Chairman Box ‘A'.

"I felt humiliated and shocked to receive a box ‘B' invitation card," he said, adding, "I am returning the passes and will be watching the matches on television."

Miandad said if the PCB doesn't have respect for the director-general and governing body then what about others.

Miandad also lamented the ill-treatment meted out to him by PCB chairman Ijaz Butt. He blasted the dictatorial and unprofessional attitude of PCB officials for not inviting Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah for the opening ceremony of the tournament.