Meat and Veg Don't Fight!

pps309

Prime VIP
No the Sikh Rehat Maryada is explicit on this:

If you are an Amritdhari Sikh then Kuttha meat (meat that is bled in a ceremony like Hala and Kosher is banned for you)

Here is the Wikipedia article for you:

How will an Amritdhari know that meat which he is eating out in a restraunt, or buying packaged from a grocery store is halal or jhatka?
AFAIK, most of the meat in western countries is always Halal coz it drains the whole blood out of animal's body and leaves just the meat, which is healthy.

So better to be on safer side, cut your own meat or do not eat :p

King Singh

How will an Amritdhari know that meat which he is eating out in a restraunt, or buying packaged from a grocery store is halal or jhatka?
AFAIK, most of the meat in western countries is always Halal coz it drains the whole blood out of animal's body and leaves just the meat, which is healthy.

So better to be on safer side, cut your own meat or do not eat :p

I agree.

If you an Amritdhari then you must live by the code of the warrior. Ideally you must Jhatka yourself. This must be done swiftly.

If not you must only go to an establishment where you know that they have Jhatka'd.

I would not recommend on health grounds eating too much food from the bazaar anyway.

Also draining the blood is not necessarily healthy. For example the Masai warriors in Kenya actually drink the blood of animals in Barley (without killing the animal). If you keep animals healthy then they carry no disease.

King Singh

I think its personal choice isn't it whether to eat or not. I don't

It is precisely your choice, but for a Sikh, mistakenly people are told you must be a vegetarian. That is not true. That is not what our Rehat Maryada says.

In the Rehit Marayada (http://www.sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_six.html), Section Six, it states:
The undermentioned four transgressions (tabooed practices) must be avoided
1. Dishonouring the hair;
2. Eating the meat of an animal slaughtered the Muslim way(Kutha);
3. Cohabiting with a person other than one's spouse
4. Using tobacco.
Sikh Rehit Maryada

:so

Sadhu

It is precisely your choice, but for a Sikh, mistakenly people are told you must be a vegetarian. That is not true. That is not what our Rehat Maryada says.

In the Rehit Marayada (http://www.sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_six.html), Section Six, it states:
The undermentioned four transgressions (tabooed practices) must be avoided
1. Dishonouring the hair;
2. Eating the meat of an animal slaughtered the Muslim way(Kutha);
3. Cohabiting with a person other than one's spouse
4. Using tobacco.
Sikh Rehit Maryada

:so

What about beef? hoe do we get halaal beef? N why do meat eaters eat only those animals dat r vegetarian? Coz dey can't fight back? Dog they don't eat coz the dog the cowardly meat eaters cud not hunt. Dog fights back, n in a pack likely. N dey r scared of d snake, d bichchu, even d cockroach dey use pesticides to kill. Cowards.