Preparation time: 40 minute
- 1 cup plain flour (maida)
- Khoya (mawa), 1/2 cup
- a pinch of salt
- ghee or oil for deep frying
- For filling
- Almond, silvered, 1 Tbsp grated
- Pista (pistachios), 1 Tbsp pigratedces
- Cardamom, freshly powdered, 1 tsp
- Cinnamon (Dalchini), powdered, 1/2 tspn [See <"/hindinames-spices-pictures.html">Cinnamon dalchini picture]
- a few saffron strands
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water for syrup
- Take plain flour and add a pinch of salt and 1 Tbs ghee or oil. Knead into a firm dough using enough water. Use enopugh water and knead well for about 5 minutes to make a firm dough. Divide the dough into 10 equal balls and keep aside by coverfing with a damp muslin cloth for 15 minutes.
- Procedure for Filling: Combine all the ingredients of filling and mix well.
- Procedure for Kachori:
- Roll one ball to a size of about 3 inch diameter roti. Place 2 tsp of filling stuff at its center. Dampen the edge of the roti with water and hold at 4-5 points at its rim, bringing close at the center. Press the points tightly so that the filling is sealed inside. Press this ball with your palm gently. Repeat with other balls.
- Bake or deep fry all the balls and keep aside to cool.
- Prepare a syrup of 2 threads by dissolving 1 cup sugar in 1 cup water.
- Make a hole of size 1 cm at the top center of each kachori and pour approximately 2 tsp of the chasni into it. Pour some chasni outside on the kachori also.