Mausam is my career's toughest, Kapoor says

nvkhkhr

Prime VIP

It's being peddled as the greatest love story of all times, so what better place than the 123rd floor of the world's tallest building Burj Khalifa to proclaim it. And that's precisely what Bollywood heart-throb Shahid Kapoor did on Saturday in Dubai as he spoke about his latest celluloid epic love story Mausam (Season).
"[It] is a film that is closest to my heart. It's been a long time since I have done an out and out love story — a story that talks about unconditional love," said Kapoor. The film, which is also the directorial debut of his father Pankaj Kapur, is a star-crossed tale of a Punjabi Indian Air Force pilot and a Kashmiri girl.
"I have done a lot of rom-coms [romantic comedies] which talk about relationships... But you really don't get to see a film where you have two people who love each other deeply, but it's the world that's tearing them apart," said Kapoor.
Though the plot may seem far from original, Kapoor is convinced that the film, featuring Sonam Kapoor as the Kashmiri girl would have cinema buffs sold on the idea of soul-mates and destiny.
"When I signed the film, I went with my heart — you will walk out of the cinemas hoping that the same feeling of love would happen to you as well," he added. The heart-throb also added that playing the upright Air Force officer was his most challenging role.
Being directed by his father was a bonus, he added.
"It took me three years to convince my dad to cast me in his film. I believe he is one of the finest actors around and I got to learn a lot from him."