Punjab News Many NGOs promoting Naxalite movement: Punj

chief

Prime VIP
Jalandhar, June 23

State in charge of the BJP Balbir Punj today alleged that representatives of many NGOs under the garb of human rights activists were working underground for promoting the Naxalite movement in the country.

Addressing a press conference, Punj, who is here in connection with the state executive meeting, said revelations with the arrest of a PCAPA member in connection with the Gyanshwari Express disaster were a clear cut indication in this regard. He alleged that Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee was closely associated with NGOs.

“I could name many NGOs working for overground face. Since I forgot to carry a list with me, I will not be able to do so”, he said.

When insisted to at least name a few, he took the name of Arundhati Roy. He did not categorically call out for action against her, but he said law should take its own course. “She has been relentlessly justifying the Naxalism and definitely supporting them philosophically,” he claimed.

On a report published in these columns today on the state police seeking a special Central assistance of Rs 100 crore to tackle the Naxalism, he said the demand should be fulfilled without a second thought. He called for an opinion on the Naxalism by Congress leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi.