Man runs over dog, says it deserved to die

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
A drunk businessman went on the rampage in south Delhi’s Panchsheel Enclave on Friday, first ramming his speeding car into a dog and then crushing it.
Vikas Maheshwari (55) also allegedly misbehaved with the woman who tried to stop him.
Shalini Chaudhary, an animal lover, complained to the police control room and followed it up with a formal complaint. Based on Chaudhary’s complaint, police arrested Maheshwari on Saturday.
Chaudhary told HT, “It was 10.30 pm, when this car entered our colony. The driver was drunk and was driving very rash. He first hit the dog’s face and after it started crying, the man ran over it, killing it on the spot. He did not even care to stop and after crushing him mercilessly, he sped off.”
She said she ran behind the car. “I even called the locals and guards. The man then stopped at a kiosk to buy cigarettes. That was when I confronted him.”
Chaudhary alleged that the man could not even straight and started to misbehave. “All he could say was ‘it was just a dog’. He showed no remorse or repentance and instead started abusing,” she said.
“‘Kutta hi toh tha. Yeh toh aise he marte hain. Toh kya hua yeh mar gaya, yahi deserve karte hain yeh raste ke kutte. Is mein itna shor kyu macha rahe ho’ (It was a just a dog. They die like this only. This is what the stray deserve. Why are you creating such a scene?),” she quoted the man as saying.
She said Maheshwari started shouting when she threatened to report the matter to police. “He then sat in his car and zoomed off,” she said.
“I had noted down the car’s registration number and had clicked some photographs to be attached with the complaint. The police recorded my statement and traced Maheshwari with the help of the car’s registration number,” she said.
A senior police officer said, “We traced him with the help of the car’s registration number and arrested him. He was later granted bail.”