Madhya Pradesh: Man Cremates Wife Using Garbage After Unable To Pay For Wood

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
grb750x500-1.gif

How hard can be the life of the poor people living in our country can be observed from an incident that happened to Jagdish Bheel.

Jagdish Bheel, a tribal man belonging to the Bheel community, cremated his wife, who died after prolonged illness, using garbage, tyres and plastic bags. He was forced to do that as the crematorium didn’t allow him to cremate her because he was not able to afford Rs 2,500 for the wood to be used in the rites. He went from pillar to post asking officials to help him arrange wood for the last rites of her wife.

“My wife died at around 4 am then around 7 a.m, I first went to a Municipal Corporation and pleaded them to arrange for wood, to which they said that they don’t have any logs and asked to pay Rs.2,500 to buy wood. But I couldn’t because I did not have that much money with me. Then I went to visit the Mundra city councillor and he also refused to help and told me to visit Bhil community’s councillor, but he didn’t help me as well,” Bheel told ANI.

He said that one of the workers in Municipal Corporation also asked him to throw his wife in a nearby river.

Later he thought of burying his wife, but one of the RSS Members, Pintu Bana, stopped them midway and threatened him to leave the place.

After running out of all the options, it had already been 12 hours. He finally cremated his wife’s body with garbage, tyres and plastic bags.

“We belong to Bhil community, we fill our stomach by cutting woods. Where will we go if nobody is willing to listen to us?” he questioned.