Life in pic of Steve Jobs (1955-2011)

nvkhkhr

Prime VIP

Steve Jobs' journey: Apple co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs died on Wednesday. He was 56 years old. He had been battling cancer and other health issues for several years and had a rare form of pancreatic cancer. The Silicon Valley icon, who gave the world the iPod and the iPhone, resigned as CEO of the world's largest technology corporation in August this year, handing the reins to current chief executive Tim Cook. The announcement of his death was made by Apple on Wednesday night. Here is Steve's journey in pics:

Steve Jobs was born in San Francisco and was adopted by Paul and Clara Jobs of Mountain View, California, who named him Steven Paul. Paul and Clara later adopted a daughter, whom they named Patti.

Following high school graduation in 1972, Jobs enrolled at Reed College in Portland, Oregon. Although he dropped out after only one semester.

An excerpt from the 2005 Steve Jobs Stanford commencement speech: "Six months later, I almost do not see the value in the school. I don't know (I) to pursue something, I do not know whether the school can help me find the answer. But at school, I will spend my parents life savings. So, I decided to drop out of school, and I believe this decision right."

n 1976, Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne, with later funding from a then-semi-retired Intel product-marketing manager and engineer AC "Mike" Markkula Jr, founded Apple.

On January 24, 1984, Steve Jobs, chairman of the board of Apple Computer, leans on the new "Macintosh" personal computer following a shareholder's meeting in Cupertino, California.

On January 5, 2000, Steve Jobs waves goodbye to nearly 6,000 Apple faithful after completing his MACWorld Expo keynote address, in San Francisco.

On July 19, 2000, then Apple CEO Steve Jobs describes the company's new Power Macintosh G4, an 8-inch cube computer, during his keynote address at MacWorld Expo in New York. The Cube won design awards but was a flop in stores because of its high price. Also, it didn't really offer any functional benefits over other Macs

On January 6, 2004, Jobs displays the iPod mini at the Macworld Conference and Expo in San Francisco. Jobs, the Apple founder and former CEO invented and masterfully marketed ever-sleeker gadgets that transformed everyday technology, from the personal computer to the iPod and iPhone.

On January 9, 2007, Jobs holds up an Apple iPhone at the MacWorld Conference in San Francisco. Jobs was not only the CEO, but he was the technologist, futurist, inventor, innovator and refiner of others' ideas.

On January 15, 2008, Apple CEO Steve Jobs holds up the new MacBook Air after giving the keynote address at the Apple MacWorld Conference in San Francisco.

Steve Jobs introduced the new MacBook's aluminum laptop enclosure at a news conference in Cupertino, California, on October 14, 2008.

Apple former Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs holds the new " iPad" during the launch of Apple's new tablet computing device in San Francisco, California, on January 27, 2010.

On June 6, 2011, Apple CEO Steve Jobs delivers a keynote address at the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco.

Steve Jobs died on October 5, 2011 at the age of 56, after a years-long and highly public battle with cancer and other health issues.