Let's Respect the Turban - Hon. Sir Winston Churchill - BE PROUD TO BE A SIKH

SHauKeeN GaBRu

Chardi Kala
Churchill, Sir Winston
Prime Minister of England (1874-1965))
churchill-1.jpg
Sir Winston Churchill was very well conversant with the bravery of the Sikhs, who had fought for Britain in the World Wars. Churchill while speaking in the British Parliament said:
".....It is a matter of regret that due to the obsession of the present times people are distorting the superior religious and social values, but those who wish to preserve them with respect, we should appreciate them as well as help them. Sikhs do need our help for such a cause and we should give it happily. Those who know the Sikh history, know England's relationship with the Sikhs and are aware of the achievements of the Sikhs, they should persistently support the idea of relaxation to Sikhs to ride a motorbike with their turbans on, because it is their religious privilege."

Churchill, further added:
"...British people are highly indebted and obliged to Sikhs for a long time. I know that within this century we needed their help twice and they did help us very well. As a result of their timely help, we are today able to live with honour, dignity, and independence. In the war, they fought and died for us, wearing the turbans. At that time we were not adamant that they should wear safety helmets because we knew that they are not going to wear them anyways and we would be deprived of their help. At that time due to our miserable and poor situation, we did not force it on them to wear safety helmets, why should we force it now? Rather, we should now respect their traditions and by granting this legitimate concession, win their applaud."

Churchill, Sir Winston

Winston Churchill - Amritsar Massacre Speech - July 8th 1920, House of Commons - at Lachlan Cranswick's Personal Homepage

Thought:

"In putran ke sis per var diye sut char,
char muye to kya hua jeevat kai hazar"
(For the family of my Khalsa, I have sacrificed my four sons, So what if four are dead, when thousands more are alive.)

munda_wakhre_type_da

-- Kem da Gui --
Re: Let's Respect the Turban - Hon. Sir Winston Churchill - BE PROUD TO BE A SIK

thanx for sharing bro..

waheguru ji ka khalsa..
waheguru ji ke fateh

pps309

Prime VIP
Re: Let's Respect the Turban - Hon. Sir Winston Churchill - BE PROUD TO BE A SIK

Bohat wadia.....very nice.

That is the daat of Guru Gobind Singh. His "Amrit-Paan" has so much power.
Not only "Amrit" even the "Shabad" has so much power.....if one listens to "Shabad", he become fearless.

Preeto

~Parnaam Shaheeda Nu~

wow...thanks bro...very interesting post!!

SehaJ

Troublemaker

Thanx Thanx