- Friends in college is not equal to colleagues in office.
- Never do gossiping and bitching about anyone. If you don't like someone better keep it to yourself.
- Learn from your colleague/seniors. If you are the smartest person in the room , you are at the wrong place.
- First impression matters.If you are a fresher do your first assignment/task as best as you can. First impression that manager makes of you will last for a long time.
- Tell your manager upfront. If you are assigned a task/project which you do not like, tell your manager politely about it without any hesitation.
- If it is not given in writing it doesn't exist. Any promises made verbally, doesn't exist if it is not officially mailed to you.
- Don't share your personal/financial life with your colleagues.
- Always stay employable. Keep learning and upgrading skills, and always stay employable that in case if something happens you can get a new job within a week. Also learn skills other than what you are currently working on.
- If there is no growth either financially or learning wise , it's better to leave.
- Learn to stay no for extra work if you are not done with yours.If you are free , try to help your colleagues, you will earn respect for yourself.
- Ask questions, don't assume. Specially if you are a fresher.
- Remember your manager is also an employee working in the company same as you.
- Stop complaining about your 9–5 job, after all it pays your bills. Do not join scams like Qnet in greed of earning quick cash.
- Everyone is replaceable in a MNC.
- Maintain work life balance, take out time for your family , gf/bf , friends.
- Once you are in notice period, no one cares about you.
- Don't run after brand name of the company in the initial years of your career. Look for better learning opportunities.
- Love your work and not your company.