King Fu Panda 2 in 3D

Lily

B.R
Staff member
420022951.jpg
Jack Black figures if any action hero deserves the 3D treatment, it's his pudgy panda with the martial-arts moves.

Black joined DreamWorks Animation colleagues on Monday night to show off extended action scenes from Kung Fu Panda 2 at CinemaCon, a Las Vegas convention for theatre owners.

The 2008 original took in $630 million (Dh2.31 billion) worldwide in just two dimensions. But the sequel due out in the US on May 26 will be in 3D, with the extra box-office revenue that generally follows as fans shell out a few dollars more to gain the illusion of depth.

Black said the 3D action will make King Fu Panda 2 more of a thrill ride, dropping viewers right into the heart of the battles.

"My feeling is that 3D with the right people, the right artists and technicians flying it, is amazing and definitely enhances the experience for the right movie," Black said. "Kung Fu Panda 2? Yes, it will make it more exciting and dynamic and amazing to watch. Whereas, let's say, there was going to be My Dinner with Andre 2. I would say not necessary to do 3D."

The sequel reunites Black with a voice cast that includes Angelina Jolie, Dustin Hoffman, Seth Rogen, Jackie Chan and Lucy Liu. Gary Oldman joins the line-up to provide the voice of a new villain, a peacock who unleashes a deadly new weapon in the ancient Chinese realm that Black's Po and his comrades are sworn to defend.

[/img][/COLOR]