Kidnapped in south Delhi, six-year-old rescued from Jammu on Dussehra

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
A six-year-old boy, who was kidnapped from Moti Bagh on October 8, was rescued from Jammu on Tuesday. The kidnapper has been arrested, police said.
Nishank, a class I student, was allegedly kidnapped by a mentally unstable woman, who has now been sent for treatment.
“My prayers have been answered. The police brought him back to me on the evening of Dussehra. He is safe and happy to be back home,” said Kavita, Nishank’s mother.
A case under section 363 (kidnapping) was registered at South Campus police station. During investigation, police got a tipoff that the woman, who had kidnapped Nishank, had taken him to Jammu.
“A team of police was sent to Jammu and Nishank was rescued. The kidnapper, Deepa, was arrested. During investigation, we learnt that she is mentally unsound. She is currently undergoing treatment at a south Delhi-based hospital,” said a senior police officer.
“Nishant said that he was playing with friends in a park when Deepa approached him. She took him away on a scooty, which was spotted by his mother. Nishank also said that he was beaten by her,” the officer said.