Kaju Mutter Makhana
- 3 cups of fresh green peas
- 2 cup Makhana
- 4 Onions grated
- 4 Tomatoes pureed
- 1 ½ tbsp of ginger and garlic minced
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi powder
- ½ tsp of dry pudina / mint leaves
- 1 ½ cup cashew nuts / kaju chopped in small pieces
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp of dhaniya leaves chopped finely
- 4 tbsp of clarified butter / desi ghee
- Heat 1 tsp of clarified butter in a pan.
- Fry makhana in the ghee.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan.
- Add onion, tomato, garlic, ginger paste and brown it, stirring continuously.
- Add peas and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, red chili pepper, turmeric and dried pudina leaves and then turn off the gas.
- To this mixture add makhana and cream.
- Keep this mixture aside for half an hour.
- After half an hour put the pan on the flame and add milk. When it comes to a boil add 1 cup of water.
- Simmer it till the makahana are completely done and soft.
- Then add cashew nuts and garam masala. After 1 minute put off the flame.
- Transfer the mixture to a dish and sprinkle some coriander and 1 tsp of clarified butter on it.
- Serve it hot with nan, roti or parantha.