Julie Anne San Jose: The child prodigy is now a lady

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1664608361.jpg
Julie Anne San Jose is destined for the big league. She was one of the favourites in a children’s beauty pageant, and although she did not take home the title, she showed she’s got the talent to make it big as a singer.

True enough, she joined another contest — a singing competition — during her early teens. This time, she was one of the last five standing, and was offered a place in a new singing group that will eventually have its two minutes of fame. She’s gone solo since, and talks to tabloid! about a new phase in her career, and in her life.

How do you feel now that you’re 18?

Excited, overwhelmed. There are so many changes happening on different fronts — in my career, in my life. I’m a little anxious, but nice anxious.

What changes?

Well, my mum keeps telling me I’m a lady now (giggles), so I have to act like one. Sometimes I still think I’m just a kid, but it’s also cool when I think I’m a grown-up. But I like being a grown-up more, because there is more stuff to do. Now, I can do more challenging roles, I can sing the songs that I want, can write about any topic I like for my songs.

What about more “personal” changes?

I knew you’d ask. If you’re going to ask me if I’m dating, I’m going to have to say no. And I am also still not entertaining suitors. I’m just so focused on my career, I don’t have or won’t have time for love. I have a few crushes here and there (laughs), but that’s all there is to it.

Does that include Elmo Magalona?

Hahahahahaha. Elmo is someone that I work with, he’s a great guy, and a good friend. That’s all there is to it.

What are you busy with nowadays?

I have Party Pilipinas on Sundays, and a new show with Elmo, Together Forever. I think it will replace Tween Hearts, so big shoes to fill and so much pressure for the show and us to do well. Again, Elmo and I are working together in a movie. It was supposed to be shown in summer, but we didn’t have time to finish it, so that is something to look forward to. The working title is Just One Summer, so that will change, too, I guess.

What’s your birthday wish?

I have 18 all in all, but it’s all about my career basically. Just 18 things I want to happen this year.

Like?

A big concert, a blockbuster movie. And to be a beauty queen, hahahaha. I wish.
[/img][/COLOR]