Jiah Khan And Her Death Still Remains A Mystery

Gill Saab

Yaar Malang
June 03, 2013, the year Jiah Khan was found dead and hanging at her Mumbai residence, the actual cause of her suicide still remains a mystery.

A memorial service will be held today, June 03, 2014, in Chelsea, London where Jiah Khan grew up. The memorial will be attended by her mother, family and friends.

“A memorial service will be held in Jiah’s memory at the Chelsea Town Hall attended by Jiah’s friends and family, including her mother Rabiyya Amin, who has campaigned tirelessly over the past twelve months to unearth the truth behind Jiah’s death,” read a mailer.

Jiah Khan was only twenty five when she was found hanging in her Juhu flat late on June 03, 2013. Her sudden death continues to remain a mystery and her mother has vowed to keep the battle going on.

“I shall keep the battle going all the way until I get to the root of the truth. Although it’s been a year, to me, it seems like yesterday,” said Rabbiya Amin.

Jiah Khan‘s suicide was alleged that she was going through a troubled phase in her relationship with Sooraj Pancholi, Aditya Pancholi’s son. Sooraj was also taken into custody, and was interrogated in the case, but eventually he was released on bail.

Rabbiya has still not left hope of getting justice for her daughter and has sought the help of the British police to investigate her daughter’s death. She has written to Foreign Secretary William Hague to help bring about justice for her daughter.

Rabbiya Amin has urged British police to launch a probe into the case, which is currently at the centre of a Bombay High Court hearing.

Jiah Khan was born as Nafisa Rizvi Khan, while on holiday, she was approached by Ram Gopal Verma, who cast her in Nishabd opposite Amitabh Bachchan in the year 2007.

Jiah Khan has been a part of films like Ghajini opposite Aamir Khan and Housefull opposite Akshay Kumar.