Jazzy B - Folk N' Funky 2

Hello UNP friends,

Jazzy B's new album Folk N Funky 2 with music by Sukshinder Shinda finally released earlier this week. I just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were regarding this album. If you haven't heard it, I am sure it is up in the UNP Music download thread or you can always check you tube.

After listening to this, I thought the album had a great variety of tracks from bhangra , pop, urban, and even a slow song. Shinda and Jazzy definitely hit the mark in producing an album that brought back that 90's vibe from the first album. I enjoyed tracks like Naag the Third, Billo Tera Jatt, and Vair Mittran Na. Jazzy B's vocals sound as good as ever throughout the songs.

With that being said, I think the music hurt this album. I understand the importance of making the album sound nostalgic, but I did not like many of the keyboard synth portions of the songs. Sarangi and other folk instruments were great but I thought Shinda tried too hard to make it sound like a 90s sound. The keyboard portions were very simple and somewhat annoying when listening. I do not recall those elements hurting the songs on the original folk n funky album. A track like Crazy Ya, would probably be better produced by someone like Deep Jandu. The lyrics were also very weak in this song and it seemed like a kid could have wrote them. Londono Patola Reloaded also was a good attempt but to try to remake such a legendary track I thought this track was below the mark for obvious reasons. All in All, I enjoyed the attempt of trying to recreate that oldschool jazzy b sound but I don't see myself listening to this album all of the time.

What are you guys thoughts?

Ted

VIP
it was a good album after him doing a hit and miss with producers and song writers he finally stuck to that one person that brings the best out of his voice. The old skool music was a big risk they took and it panned out really good. Comparisons should never be made to the original song each song has its own place in my opinion.

DesiBoySingh

DesiBoySingh
landona patola,naag 3 and the one with manak was only ones worth a replay. was expecting more hits but cant complain naag is enough for me

this is an another masterstroke by shinda and jazzy b all tracks are well written and well produced purpose of shinda saab is is clear to make it in folk style of 90's era with funky modren style which he clearly succeeded. naag 3, king forever, londono patola reloded are perfect tracks. no music directer can compete with shinda as shinda uses original instruments rather than others who are only user of electronic music.....so this is a perfect album which bring back old jazzy and shinda

and if we come to this that modren prodcuers like deep jandu etc are makin dope beats, then listen to ROMEO title track, ik gal (naag) , ik kudi (phases), rambo, surma (whole album) ..these are kids in front of shinda , which beats they are producing now a days shinda bna ke shad chukya

DBF

Mad
agreed with gurjit but the 90s music was like that so made it like that, so same synth he used instead of experimenting with new shit

and if we come to this that modren prodcuers like deep jandu etc are makin dope beats, then listen to ROMEO title track, ik gal (naag) , ik kudi (phases), rambo, surma (whole album) ..these are kids in front of shinda , which beats they are producing now a days shinda bna ke shad chukya

I understand your point Mr. PunjabiBox. Thanks for the reply. I agree, Shinda did an amazing job on albums like Romeo / Rambo / Phases. In my opinion, he used to be ahead of the curve though with his beats especially when he was experimenting, for example, Sukshinder Shinda's track 'Soni Lagdi'. Sure the beat is borrowed from Busta Rhymes but he was ahead of the curve. In a track like Crazy Ya, he's trying to be like a producer like Deep Jandu and he doesn't quite nail it imo.

Just my thoughts.

Jazzy B should have brought back Kanwar (Rambo, Son of Sardar) for possibly collaborating on Rambo 2 (if he's remaking hits) or another track. I feel he should have used people from the past who are talented unlike an unknown rapper called Lil Golu.

In a track like Crazy Ya, he's trying to be like a producer like Deep Jandu and he doesn't quite nail it imo.

Just my thoughts.
i might agree here little that crazy ya beats are not like modren beats which we heard from young producers, but he is not trying to produce same like young producers cause he knws he cant match young mind. his style is different. but i strongly believe that we cant estimate shinda's ablities. he is legend and what he achieves others cant