Jaspal Bhatti’s humour~ Circa 2003 - Thank God, my phone is dead

chief

Prime VIP
ULTA PULTA

Jaspal Bhatti’s Friday humour

Thank God, my phone is dead

My friend Sharmaji looked very happy. When I asked him the reason for that smile on his face, he said, ‘‘My phone is dead for the past one week’’. I was surprised because aren’t you supposed to be tense and unhappy when your phone is dead? Sharmaji explained that he was receiving heavy telephone bills for the past few months. ‘‘I didn’t have the courage to ask my wife or children to cut down on calls. But by God’s grace, my phone has gone dead by itself!’’, he said.

Sometime back if your phone went dead, you had to really hunt out “contacts” in the telephone department to get it working. Now you have to look for the same ‘‘sifarish’’ for getting your phone dead.

The recently announced telephone tariff plan has left everyone so confused that you really don’t know how much each call is costing you. Every telephone subscriber should now have a telephone operator-cum-advisor at home who can tell you whether the call you are going to make is within the periphery of 200 km or not, whether the call is basic, WLL or cellular, and whether the cost of the call fits into your budget or not.

Telephones and cellulars have become such an integral part of our lives that many a times even while bowing our heads in temples and gurdwaras we forget to switch off the mobile. The pressure and mental fatigue caused by mobiles is such that the day is not far when doctors in their prescription will tell a patient of high BP to keep his mobile off for two hours, twice a day for at least 15 days.

A young lady was singing, ‘‘Mere piya gayay Rangoon, wahan se kiya hai telephone’’. when the family CA suddenly shouted, ‘‘Mil gaya! Mil gaya! Fizulkharchi ka karan mil gaya!’’.

Via~ The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Chandigarh Stories

kit walker

VIP
Staff member
A young lady was singing, ‘‘Mere piya gayay Rangoon, wahan se kiya hai telephone’’. when the family CA suddenly shouted, ‘‘Mil gaya! Mil gaya! Fizulkharchi ka karan mil gaya!’’.

:hassa :lol2