Punjab News It was a mistake to support Punjabi film Sadda Haq, says SGP

DBF

Mad
The President of Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC) Avtar Singh Makkar on Monday said that it was a "mistake" on his part to support Sadda Haq “ a Punjabi film banned by Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh citing its release could create law and order problem. Makkar -- who spoke to media in Amritsar said that the highest Sikh organization would not issue any letter to film makers in support.

The SGPC had written to the Censor Board which had raised objections on showcasing several scenes in the film.

The producer-actor of the film Kuljinder Sidhu meanwhile said that he had been attempting to meet the Punjab deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal for his help to lift ban on the film. "The deputy chief minister is in Goa. I am ready to go to Goa if he gives me appointment for a meeting," he said.

Sidhu “ who had met the high priest of the Akal Takht on Sunday “ stated that the head of the highest temporal seat of the Sikhism had assured him to look into the issue. "I would exhaust all channels to ensure the release of the film in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh," he said.

The film had suffered a major setback after the government in Haryana, Punjab and administration in Chandigarh imposed a ban on its screening. The film had been courting controversy prior its release over its contents and an "objectionable" song.

The Punjab government had taken the decision to ban the film at a meeting in Chandigarh after a special screening of the film. The film is claimed to be based on the events in the 1980s and 1990s in Punjab €“ when the state suffered militancy. The film is claimed to be portraying several issues including the murder of a human rights activist, alleged police torture and fake encounters, jail break and the assassination of a politician.

Kuljinder said said that the film was cleared by the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) and issued a U/A certificate for its public screening. The government arbitrarily decided to impose a ban on the film.

The film had been facing a rough ride since inception. Earlier, the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) had declined to give certificate to the movie raising several objections. The film was later cleared by the Film Certification Appellate Tribunal (FCAT).

A promotional song and its video on YouTube promoting Sada Haq had already caused a stir. Baghi (rebel) “ the song sung by Jazzy B “ apparently equated the tenth Sikh Guru, Gobind Singh, several freedom fighters with militants Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, Jagtar Singh Hawara and Balwant Singh Rajoana. The song, however, is not the part of the film.

src: indiatoday

Re: It was a mistake to support Punjabi film Sadda Haq, says

SGPC is a joke. They just have to do what their dad badal tells them and go against the centre congress everytime to play politics.

Reactions: DBF

DBF

Mad

why dont the producer upload it on youtube or internet if money isnt the real motto! ?

DBF

Mad

and the baghi track by jazzy b was made for this movie??

why dont the producer upload it on youtube or internet if money isnt the real motto! ?

Why should he? CBFC cleared it. That is the LAW. I dont know What is up Badal's A** that he always refuses to do his job citing communal harmony.

There were 50,000 reported to be deployed in Punjab in lew of bhullars hanging. You really think communal harmony in the state is that fragile?

Badal should be reprimanded by the supreme court and if he can't do his job. He should resign.

DBF

Mad

menu jyda pta nayi waise bhullar kaun aa?
baki rahi harmony di gall... yea it is fragile veer according to me.... hindus tan hun shaant ne.... insaaf layi tan sikhs ne ladnaa...

menu jyda pta nayi waise bhullar kaun aa?
baki rahi harmony di gall... yea it is fragile veer according to me.... hindus tan hun shaant ne.... insaaf layi tan sikhs ne ladnaa...

Gul veer bhullar di ni. Oh tah meh example diti a that if Badal and others(Centre Government) really want to do their job. They would go to extreme lengths to preserve the so called harmony.

The law states that CBFC cleares the movie then its good for public consumption. Badal just refuses to do his job and tries to go against Centre on everything.

Centre ney movie release kiti. Badal ney ban karti. Centre ney bhullar nu fansi diti. Ehney ohnu oppose karta.

Ehdey har ik decision da koi legal basis nahi. Eh sirf bevakoof lokan nu bharkaunda.

I hope supreme court ehnu jara changi tarah sahi karey. Waise mehnu ohna toh v umeed ni oh v vik jande a time sir.

→ ✰ Dead . UnP ✰ ←

→ Pendu ✰ ←
Staff member

badal shiv sena da laila aa dats itt , moot nikel jaanda oda , naal punjab de hallat kharab honey aa amreeka canada ch loka ne dehki aa ki hoya othe , sareya ne dehki ik sachayi aa jo badal de ohdi police de hajjam ni c honi .......

DBF

Mad

guys its very good that u want to watch this movie inspired from true events in punjab . But plz don't watch pirated movie online . Coz there is a very big movement going in india especially north india and punjab to get this movie released . if people will start watching online and pirated movie this struggle movement will get affected . It will be a great loss to producers of movie and in future no producer will invest money in these kinds of projects especcially based on punjab . Now people are doing candle marches in punjab and delhi favour of this movie . so its my humble request for sake of humanity plz watch it in cinema hall with pride .
menu apna he gal da reply milgya :p

guys its very good that u want to watch this movie inspired from true events in punjab . But plz don't watch pirated movie online . Coz there is a very big movement going in india especially north india and punjab to get this movie released . if people will start watching online and pirated movie this struggle movement will get affected . It will be a great loss to producers of movie and in future no producer will invest money in these kinds of projects especcially based on punjab . Now people are doing candle marches in punjab and delhi favour of this movie . so its my humble request for sake of humanity plz watch it in cinema hall with pride .
menu apna he gal da reply milgya :p

LOL..meh keha 22 kite tooh hil gia.....Movie tah chalo theek a mehnu tah dar lagea rehnda kite meri call of duty na ban kar dehn kitey..hahahaha

Fir mehnu v hathyar chukney paine a..lol