is religion necessary??

forming opinions based on logical reasoning and strong evidence widout inclining towards preconcieved notions is what i call rational thinking hunnie;)

You still dint give me an example of how sikhism is stopping you from doing that.

first irrational theory of religion -> adam and eve story ..:lol it kinda makes me laugh now :em

Merey khyaal naal eh story sikhism ch ni haigi.....tey bible barey meh kuch keh ni sakda.

Well why do we need the existence of God and religion anyway..:dn

Just like there are laws to live in the society....It is the most perfect moral code for a person to live by...wheather that person abides by it is a different question all together. You always have a choice....religion is for people who are motivated by the greater good of people then just satisfying their own impulses.

worshipping sun/moon/sitare yeh woh filana dhimkana.. howz that rational..blving in angels taht take care of us .. how is that rational?

Those are supersitions and there are plenty of misguided people that believe in those 2. Our Guru's stopped us from beliveing in miracles???...............back then people used to water the sun and Guru Nanak Dev Ji tried to show them that it was a superstition not a religious belief.

why does one creation of God fail to accept another creation of that same God (example - gays :p).

lemme ask you a question.....Why do you think our Guru's denounced Budhism???.....because their religion( or should i say supersition)......told all of them to become bhikshu's (i.e beggars).......par jeh saari duniya mangan lag gai tah fir ohna nu feed karan wala kaun hou????????

In the same way jeh saari duniya "gay" ban gai tah procreation kiddah hougi?????........again gays are motivated by lust more than anything.......There is no study till now that suggests that gays are born entirely gay or homosexuality is entirely the result of a gene. That is why they are denounced by brahmgiyani's :wacko

Rather than asking on this board read Guru Granth Sahib...all the answers are in it.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
^^ Actually Baba Adam is mentioned once or twice in SGGS.

For some worshiping sun, moon etc. is ludicrous , others might find treating SGGS like human a tad irrational.

treating it like a human is irrational.........i agree with you on that...

It's the teachings that are written that count...........if you dont follow them and still showcase that you are religious by treating Guru Granth Sahib like a human ....then you are being irrational. That is Manmat not Gurmat...

And i havent read or studied Guru Granth Sahib that much but if you can give me the exact verses or writings where Baba Adam is mentioned i can do my homework and get back to you on that. Vaisey Guru Granth Sahib ch examples tah bahut ditian ney........lokan nu samjhaun lai........do give me the exact verse or page number so we can move forward this discussion.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
I think its a verse by Bhagat Kabeer but not sure. And its just a mere mention of Adam not really implying ( or denying )that Adam did actually existed.

Yes there are plenty of examples mentioning Ram, Krishan ,Adam etc. The message given using these example is important, not arguing whether they actually existed or not.

Rano

VIP
i think that's because...Shri Guru Granth Sahib was written taaki har banda frm any religion ohde naal relate kar sake...jiven Shri Ram, Shri Krishan vagera da zikar aa to more lyk give references...not stating that they actually existed. Same with Adam as well, it's mentioned just to give a reference.