Iranian women who attacked cops get bail

prithvi.k

on off on off......
B'lore: Drunken Iranian women 'assault' cop
Headlines Today Bureau
Bangalore, February 19, 2010

Two Iranian women went on a drinking spree in Bangalore and allegedly beat up a policeman when stopped at a checkpost.

The two students - 26-year-old Fatima and 29-year-old Azra - have been sent to judicial custody till Saturday. Fatima, an engineering graduate is aspiring to join an MBA course while Azra is pursuing her BSc.

The drama unfolded close to midnight on Wednesday. Fatima and Azra were stopped on Cubbon Road by the police for a routine check against drunken driving. But the women refused to cooperate during the breath-analyser test.

Fatima did not have her license either. When sub-inspector Ganesh Rao took the other documents away, Azra tried to snatch the papers. When Rao told her to behave, she allegedly started assaulting him and bit his hand.

Recounting the assault, Rao said: "They didn't have a driving licence or RC, so I kept the tax card and asked them to reclaim it by paying the fine tomorrow. One of the women came out of the car, assaulted me on the chest, took the tax card from my mobike and tried to drive away."

"When I stopped the car using a barricade, the woman attacked me again on the chest, kicked and bit me in the hand," he said.

Blood tests revealed that the alcohol level in Fatima's blood was 59 milligrams. Azra's was even higher at 83 milligrams. The permissible level is 30 milligrams.

The two women were taken into custody. But the drama wasn't over yet. At the police station, Fatima allegedly attacked a mediaperson and threw a chair against the wall.

"We are registering a case of assault on a public servant. We will investigate and take action," said B. Chandrashekhar, DCP of Bangalore.

Meanwhile, the Iranian embassy has taken note of its two nationals being caught on charges of drunken driving. The embassy said it has taken serious note of the incident and was looking into the matter. The Iranian consular officer from Hyderabad would be going to Bangalore to follow up the case. The embassy said it will respect the Indian laws.

Does they do same/like this in their own country ? Ahhhh taking advantage of freedoms not enjoyed in Iran

------------------------------------------
Now---

Iranian women who attacked cops get bail
Feb 23

BANGALORE: Two Iranian women, recently arrested for allegedly assaulting a police personnel on duty and manhandling a press photographer under the influence of alcohol, were today granted conditional bail by a court here.

When the bail applications of Farima (26) and Azar Fasle (29), whose judicial custody ended today, came up for hearing, 11th Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) E Rajeeva Gowda granted bail and directed them to furnish a personal bond of Rs 30,000 each and two sureties for a like sum.

The judge also directed that the accused shall not make any attempt to influence prosecution witness, shall report to the Station House Officer of the concerned police station on Sunday once in 15 days till filing of chargesheet or for two months whichever is earlier and cooperate with the probe.

They should present themselves before Investigating Officer (IO) as and when required for the purpose of investigation and shall not leave the jurisdiction of the court without prior permission.

While the passports of the duo have been impounded and the Iranian Consulate in Hyderabad informed about the Feb 18 incident, their driving licences are in police custody.

According to Additional Director General of Police (Law & Order) M R Poojar, "the two will not be deported till the case is over".

The two Iranian students were nabbed on the night of February 18 during a drive against 'Drunk and Drive'. Farima "punched" traffic sub-inspector Ganesh Rao in his face and bit his hand and Fasle pushed a press photographer resulting in his camera being broken.

:gulp ---> :wacko ---> :biker ----> :thappar.... :wall