Top Poster Of Month
After all the waiting, all the leaks, and all the hype leading up to the iPhone 4, it has finally arrived today. If you are one of the lucky ones who didn't get your order canceled by AT&T, or if you lined up outside of the Apple store, then you should be receiving your iPhone 4 today.
Apple initially released the phone today in US, France, Germany, UK, and Japan, with more countries to follow in July and later this year (88 countries total). Apple shipped 600,000 iPhone 4's to retailers across the world, and with its relatively low stock, customers can expect a huge delay in getting their hands on one.
Apple announced the iPhone 4, along with the next firmware version dubbed iOS 4.0, at the beginning of this month. While iOS 4.0 was released for the iPhone 3G/3GS and iPod 2G/3G on June 21, the iPhone 4 hardware was scheduled to release later on in the week to customers.
With the new iPhone, comes new hardware and features:
* New design made of glass and steel (24% thinner than iPhone 3GS)
* Apple A4 processor @ 1Ghz
* 3.5" Retina Display - 326 pixels per inch (960 x 640)
* Bigger battery (7 hr. 3G talk, 6 hr. 3G browsing, 10 hr. Wi-Fi browsing, 300 hr. standby)
* Front-facing camera
* 5 MP camera with LED flash and illuminated sensor (tap to focus)
* 720p HD video recording with iMovie video editing (iMovie available in App Store for $4.99)
* Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, UMTS, GSM (quad-band)
* 2 microphones
* Available in 16 GB or 32 GB models
* 802.11n Wi-Fi
* 3-axis gyroscope (6-axis motion sensing for gaming)
* 512MB of RAM