iPad games we’d love to see

harpreetji

Rags to Riches
appleipad2-1.jpg

After news of the HD and XL iPad versions of some of our favorite games are on their way – Flight Control being one of my personal obsessions – we thought it would be fun to ponder what other boardgames would make for a fun iPad experience. Here’s our list. What would you guys like to see?

carcassone-1.jpg

Carcassonne – If you’ve never split a few bottles of wine (or tequila) and played Carcassonne, you haven’t lived. To be able to play this with a few people on the iPad would be amazing and you wouldn’t have to carry all those cards around.

The game is pretty simple – you put down random cards to build cities, roads, and farms. You place a knight on a card to claim it and get the knight back when you’ve completed a feature. However, it’s amazingly addictive and an iPad version would be great.

civsim-1.jpg

Sim City – This game is already out on the iPhone but a version on a larger, more readable screen would be great.

Civilization V – While I could spend most of my life playing Civ Rev on the iPhone, why not go nuts and rebuild Civ V for the iPad? I would totally pay a few dozen dollars for this.

Burnout iPad Edition – My son and I have been playing Burnout Paradise like fiends lately and a big-screen, motion aware version of Burnout would make us both happy.

Monopoly – This next set of games are boardgame classics. First up – Monopoly. It’s a no brainer.

Connect 4 – There are only knock off versions of Connect 4 on the App Store right now, but a big screen version would be great.

Battleship – The current version if iPhone Battleship looks great but why not buy two iPads so you can recreate Battleship in all it’s “You sunk my…” glory? Then again, maybe not.

Air Hockey – This is totes magotes one of my favorites. The iPhone version is great for two players and an iPad version would be even better.

incredmachine-1.jpg

Incredible Machine – Remember this insanity? The Incredible Machine was a 1990s Rube Goldberg video game dedicated to teaching kids how to make things work together. I haven’t played it in years but a 3D, Enigmo-esque version would be great.

Planetfall – One of the original Infocom classics. Listen: the iPad has a usable keyboard and can support external keyboards. Why not slap together an Infocom pack for $2 and sell some imagination to these whippersnappers. Who’s with me?