Indo-Pak express storms into US Open Final

pps309

Prime VIP
New York, September 9
There was no stopping the ‘Indo-Pak Express’ as Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi inched closer to their maiden Grand Slam title together by advancing to the US Open finals here.

Continuing with their message of ‘Stop War, Start Tennis’, 16th seeds Bopanna and Qureshi beat Argentines Eduardo Schwank and Horacio Zeballos 7-6 (5) 6-4 to set up a summit clash with top-seeded American brothers Bob and Mike Bryan in the finals. "I mean, to win a Grand Slam you have to beat the best there is. That's what Aisam and me keep telling (each other)," Bopanna said after the win last night.

The Indo-Pak duo was cheered on from the stands by, among others, the United Nations ambassadors from their respective countries. India's ambassador Harpreet Suri and his Pakistan counterpart Abdullah H Haroon even met the two players after the match.

Though there summit clash seems tough on paper against the Americans but Bopanna and Qureshi can draw confidence from the fact that they beat the Bryans just a few weeks ago in an ATP tournament in Washington. "They are the best out there now. We just beat them few weeks ago in Washington, so, you know, we are really looking forward to that Friday match," Bopanna said.

Love to hear this news. It speaks a lot about people in two countries. I have met many pakis here, we are same ppl across border.
It's the politics and politicians who spread hate.
So much hate that even without knowing or meeting them we just hate each-other.

pps309

Prime VIP
Bob and Mike Bryan overcame India's Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi of Pakistan to clinch the US Open men's doubles crown for a third time.
The top-seeded American twins won a close contest 7-6 (7-5) 7-6 (7-4) before celebrating their ninth Grand Slam title with a trademark chest bump.