Indian director Manish Acharya killed in accident

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1431758105.jpg

Indian director Manish Acharya, who rose to fame with his critically-acclaimed film, Loins of Punjab, was killed in a horse riding accident on Saturday in the Maharashtrian hill station of Matheran, according to Indian media reports. He was 40.

After graduating from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts, the filmmaker found success with 2007's Loins of Punjab, a comedy about non-resident Indians participating in a singing contest in New Jersey.

Acharya also wrote and produced the film, which went on to win the best feature film award at the First Run Film Festival, run by Tisch.

Acharya also had a small acting role in Zoya Akhtar's 2009 film Luck By Chance.

Priyanka Chopra was one of the first to send her condolences, tweeting "My friend, future director, super funny wannabe beach bum and unbelievable human being. @ManishAcharya .RIP. Im too shocked to say more."

Shabana Azmi, who was directed by Acharya in Loins of Punjab, said: "I can't believe Manish is gone. It's been so sudden. He sent me a message saying he was off to Matheran on holiday."
[/img][/COLOR]

pps309

Prime VIP
sad.....R.I.P.

sau bande nu rabb v shettin chakda, enne minister 80 80 saal tapa ke v baithe aa ohna kolo rabb v darda.