Indian diplomat searched on US airport for wearing SARI.

(Dec. 9) -- India's not happy.

The country is upset its U.S. ambassador, Meera Shankar, was frisked by a female Transportation Security Administration official at an airport in Mississippi last week, according to The Associated Press.

Witnesses at Jackson-Evers International Airport said Shankar, who was on her way to Baltimore on Dec. 4 after giving a speech at Mississippi State University, was singled out for wearing a sari, The Clarion-Ledger reported.

Needless to say, the incident has a ruffled a few feathers in New Delhi.

Here's more from the AP:
Foreign Minister S.M. Krishna said this was the second time the ambassador had been singled out for a pat down in the past three months.

"Let me be very frank that this is unacceptable to India," he said. "We are going to take it up with the government of the United States, and I hope that things could be resolved so that such unpleasant incidents do not recur."
This isn't the first time India has gotten angry over U.S. airline safety procedures.

Last year, an uproar ensued after former President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was patted down and forced to remove his shoes at Delhi Airport before boarding a flight to the United States, according to the BBC.

Continental Airlines was forced to issue an apology over the episode.

hahahahaha....rofl...This has been happening with the sikhs for so long... Hun ehna di saari ki khula lai....charey pasey agg lag gai.

Maybe now they will do the same to foriegn diplomats or address the sikh concerns as well. ( Pagg issue in france & TSA security issue.)

I suggest pull the hammer out india and frisk obama,clinton, hillary. Whoever visits India. Lets see how it works.Sadly, our Govt doesn't have the balls to do this.

prithvi.k

on off on off......
sikhs turbans scanned & opened many time... then muslim " especially surname with khan and now sari's too .... everyone has been scanned by these americans.... even president abdul kalam and other minister face this problem few months back.

i agree indian congrASS gov is fatuuu.... like a dogs they was running behind obama when he visited to india...