Indian actress in row with fellow passenger-dxb-bound flight

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Dubai: Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra reportedly got into an ugly spat with a fellow passenger while aboard a Dubai-bound flight after he accused her of endangering lives. She was allegedly speaking on her mobile phone while the plane was about to take off.

According to a Hindustan Times report, the incident happened on Febuary 20 when fellow passenger Dr Fayaz Shawl asked Chopra to get off her phone.

However, the star has denied his claims, branding him 'an attention seeker', and said she did not break any rules, adding the passenger was intoxicated and was hurling abuses at her.

"He tried to make an issue out of me talking on the phone. I've travelled a million times, and I didn't break any rules. The aircraft was on the tarmac when I finished an important call. By then this man was screaming. He dropped names and said he knows powerful people in Dubai and would get me deported," Chopra told the Indian daily.

She added that she even took out her credit-card and challenged him to make the call.

According to his website, Dr Shawl is a US-based cardiologist and has treated high profile clients including veteran Indian actor Dilip Kumar.

In an interview with the same newspaper, he maintains that the actress behaved in a high-handed manner and abused him.

When he asked her to get off the phone, she is reported to have said: "Who the hell are you to stop me." To this, he allegedly replied: "Lady, had you been in the US, you would have been handcuffed for this."

In her defence, Chopra maintaines that she was provoked. "He behaved in a cheap manner and said ‘I know you Bollywood types'. That made me lose it," she said.

Chopra's publicit confirmed the incident to tabloid! and said she stands by whatever her client has told the Indian newspaper and did not wish to further add to the matter.