Imran Khan prefers romance to action

chief

Prime VIP
In the three films we have seen him so far, Imran Khan has faced failure twice - in Kidnap and Luck. Incidentally, both the films were action flicks that had him doing a lot of stunts. On the other hand, the memory of his debut film Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, a love story that had Imran playing a chocolate boy, still lingers afresh in the minds of movie buffs.

Perhaps, Imran Khan is cut out for romantic roles. Though he would disagree - as he doesn’t want to restrict himself to a particular genre - Imran does admit that he finds romantic roles more challenging.

“As an actor when you are working in a romantic film, it's more fun. In action films, there is very less acting. There we are usually running, fighting, jumping or falling... so very less space for acting is left,” Imran is quoted as saying by a news agency.

According to Imran, an actor’s mettle is tested better in rom-coms.

“But the romantic and comedy films are more dependent on actors - how you say a particular line with correct expression is important. So there is more acting involved,” said the actor who will next be seen in the romantic movie I Hate Luv Storys co-starring Sonam Kapoor.

The movie is the directorial debut of Punit Malhotra, who is related to fashion designer Manish Malhotra.

Imran says he is comfortable working with new directors.

“When I work with new directors, we think on the same lines... and we speak the same language. Punit is two years older to me; so when I met him I felt that his thought process, his tastes match mine...” Imran is quoted as saying.

IHLS will hit the screens on July 2.