Ideal India

Roop Dhillon

Prime VIP
We are in the 21st century. India has grown immensely over the last two decades, however poverty, illiteracy, corruption and other social menaces are holding our country down. Everyday I hear how people are not happy with how our great nation is tracking along and how things need to change drastically and quickly? I want to ask you all - How would you like our country to be? What have you done to contribute.

Lets keep this healthy, lets debate.

userid114437

Our company contributes by paying heavy income tax to govt. just want that govt should also use the collected tax in proper way. Still we feel environment for business is still nt safe. Investors still affraid. This thing need to b removed asap to grow more faster

Roop Dhillon

Prime VIP
Good point.

When you say your company, do you mean your company in specific or companies in general?

Do you feel we have corruption and inflation to blame for investors insecurities? If yes, why?

And how have you tried to curb this issue yourself?

userid114437

I m in banking industry. Nd in banking we have to deal with rbi and theres corruption at higher levels bt very nominal nt much people can do. Investors feel insecurity due to corruption nd also with some government policies which is nt in favour of investor.

kit walker

VIP
Staff member
Corruption is root cause of all misery of common man in India. Politicians started corruption for their own development. The trend was followed by bureaucrats. Then Businessman supported both of them for greedy means. Now look a trend you may have noticed that Dollar rises in Sept/Oct i.e. Festival season. That is due to corruption so that more money can be stored abroad. If we stop electing such representatives the corruption will weed out but slowly. Because the seed is deeply sown in our blood. British rulers started this tradition as Baksheesh(Nazrana)and implanted in high society nobles(Rajwaras and Jagirdars) which eventually became rulers in modern india.

pps309

Prime VIP
1) Division of power, one man or one party should not dictate the whole nation. Center should keep bare minimum portfolio. State should have more portfolios, and city councils & gram panchayats should have more power to assess and meet the needs of their citizens.
2) Tax money should not flow from parliament/legislative assembly to city/village. It should be reverse. Local taxes (sales, octroi, pollution, etc) should stay & utilized in the city/gram panchayat.
3) Transparency in everything. How to get a driver licence to getting a liquor licence and any other business permits should be transparent and well documented. There should not be an ambiguity and room for middle-men to play there.
4) Education: Educate people, they should know their rights and what to expect from govt. Next step will be they should know their responsibilities and what to give back to society.

Without division of power, I can't see an end to today's situation. The most powerful rules and defines all aspect of society. He or his men can dictate everything. It is tough to change the intention of rulers, but its better to snatch the power from them and divide it equally throughout.

Royal Singh

Prime VIP
Well all I know system needs to be fixed up. Not only corruption is the key point there are also some other factors.

kit walker

VIP
Staff member
We have to change the political system by electing good and honest candidates. We have to change from quasi federal to Direct Democratic Model. People Should Elect the working representative at all levels. Govt Should Control Military, Investigating Agency Revenue Collection and Tourism. Transport, Coal and Petroleum and Power Should be in Co-operative sector.

tomarnidhi

I think the major concern is Corruption as that is the root cause of all the issues faced by India today. You will be surprised by the number of govt schemes in existence which entail marginalized cost of education, the number of NGOs & corporates running programs for better education but surprisingly they are either lost behind the red tapes of bureaucracy or people don't come forth to study as that means 1 lesser pair of earning hands.

India needs a robust political & judicial system to begin with, next up comes eradication of poverty & illiteracy. This can only be accomplished by reducing the cost of living.

I think it will take us another 50-60 years to come at par with developed nations & I feel we are already on the way to that. Food security bill is one such case & point, subsidized ration & food items to two third of Indian population. Next up is the Companies bill which mandates corporates to spend 2% of their annual profit towards CSR which means 2013-2014 will see some 800 Cr plunged into development.

Lets just hope these attempts of government are not thwarted by the failure of their own system.