I believe in moving on, want to make people laugh: Rashami Desai

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
_654fd9f6596b11e692e9543a978214ab-1.jpg

Rashami Desai rose to fame with the TV show Uttaran. Last year, however, it was her separation from actor-husband Nandish Sandhu that kept her in the news. But now, Rashami, who completes 10 years in the industry this year, says she believes in moving on. She is currently focusing on her comedy show. Here, she talks about wanting to do more work.

You have done fiction and comedy shows. Which of the two genres do you prefer?

Uttaran and Comedy Circus were so different; I can’t compare them. It’s difficult to choose one genre, as every style has its own beauty. In a daily soap, the characters and their journeys are of prime importance. While in a comedy show, you have to be on your toes to entertain people. I’ve signed a comedy show now. I’m looking forward to making people laugh.

You have completed 10 years in the entertainment industry…

Has it been only that long? It feels like it has been longer. It’s been unbelievable. I didn’t realise how time flew by. I hadn’t counted the years. I have hardly begun; I have a long way to go. People work for 50 years in this industry. I feel so young (laughs). I need to do more work.

How do you look back at your career?

I don’t believe in looking back; I believe in moving on and looking forward. I always think about what more I can do. I want to work a lot more.

Your personal life has kept you in the news, especially your divorce. What’s the status of the divorce proceedings?

I don’t want to talk about my personal life.