Hukamnama of Guru Gobind singh Ji is dated August 2 1696

harmanjit_kaur

Waheguru Waheguru
RIpatialahukum-1.png
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]

This Hukamnama of Guru Gobind singh Ji is dated August 2 1696 - It includes the Nisan - signature - of Guru Sahib . Line 7 and 8 contain the lines 'tera ghar mera asay' which has been adopted as the Patiala motto ever since. Here is an english translation :

There is One God. The Guru is Great . It is the order of the Guru. Bhai Rama and Bhai Tilokha, the Guru will protect all. You are required to come with your contingent. I am pleased with you. Your house is my refuge. On seeing this letter you should come in my presence. Your house is my refuge. you should come immediately. On seeing this letter you should arrive with horsemen. Do come. I have sent one Robe of Honour. Keep it with you.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Guru Gobind Singh is asking them to come to him with Arms and Horses - just as history records Guru Sahib said to all his Sikhs. - This is a reference to the battles with the Hill Rajas. - The brothers Ram Singh and Tilokha Singh - being devoted Sikhs came to their Guru . Guru Sahib was victorious in these battles . [/FONT]