Hrithik Roshan leaves Karan Johar’s Shuddhi

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Hrithik Roshan is opting out of Karan Johar’s upcoming film Shuddhi, saying he does not want to delay the project.

The film was slated to reunite Roshan with his Agneepath director Karan Malhotra and his former co-star Kareena Kapoor, but the actor’s health and subsequent separation from wife Sussanne kept delaying the project.

“Karan Malhotra [director] and I have decided to unite in the most ambitious way post-Shuddhi. For now I cannot allow a vision like Shuddhi to stagnate any further. I had the finest experience an actor can have working with Karan Malhotra in Agneepath,” Hrithik said in a statement.

“I’m sure both my dear Karans [director Malhotra and producer Johar] are going to go beyond with this one. Shuddhi remains a part of me in spirit and I am sure it will be a landmark in our cinema. I wish them all the best,” he said.

There was a buzz that Kapoor would also drop out of the film, mainly due to date issues.

There are reports that actors Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone might replace Roshan and Kapoor.