Stress has become the bane of modern lifestyle. With life running at such a fast pace, the ultimate victim becomes the body and the mind. When stress takes its toll on the life of a person, the joy of living seeps out, making life miserable and unhappy for him/her. But what exactly is stress? The answer is not the same for everyone. Some may get stressed out on simple matters, while others may do wonders even in a busy lifestyle. So, the level of stress depends on person to person. Stress is what the body and mind experiences when there is a deviation in one’s routine, due to excess work and deadlines. This leads to frayed nerves and various other side effects that make it very difficult to carry on with the daily life. Another side effect is that when people are stressed out, they become more prone to addictions. People who are stressed feel that smoking and drinking relieves their stress, though it’s a big misconception, which causes greater problems in the future. The best way, however, to deal with stress is to avoid it altogether. Take care to stay away from anything that is likely to give you stress and you can have an almost tension-free life. Given below in the article are various ways in which you can avoid stress.
Tips On Avoiding Stress
Tips On Avoiding Stress
- Smoking and drinking alcohol do not relieve stress in contrast to what most people who smoke and drink think. In fact, smoking and drinking may, in time, contribute towards stress by becoming an addiction. So, if you want to avoid stress, better stay away from smoking and drinking.
- Start exercising. Exercise can help you reduce the levels of stress by removing your mind away from the problem. Go for simple exercises like cycling, jogging and swimming for around 30 minutes, at least five days a week. This will keep your mind fit and strong and so you will be better able to avoid stress.
- Spend more time in doing things that interests you. If your current job is too stressful, it may be because the work doesn’t interest you much. Look for a job that appeals to you. If you find one such job, you will find that you are less stressed. Adopt a hobby so that every day you find recourse in it. Gardening, listening to music and reading books are some of the best hobbies that you can go for. Know that ultimately you can avoid stress only by doing things which you like best.
- Keep a pet. According to therapists they are the best stress busters. A dog, a cat or an aquarium, the choices here are endless. Pets can become like a family to you and one of the best ways to avoid stress.
- Practice relaxation techniques like breathing exercises and muscle tensing and stretching exercises. Every once in a while take in a deep breath and then slowly exhale out. Do this several times. Twist your neck, tense and stretch your shoulders and back muscles. This will keep your body relaxed. These exercises are very good in avoiding stress.
- Spend time with yourself. A major cause of stress, nowadays, is that people get caught up in their work so much that they find little or no time at all for their own self. Thus, they become more prone to stress. So, to avoid stress, you should indulge in yourself. Go for a vacation or have a body massage. Play a game every day or go for concerts and art shows. Try to look at other fields apart from your work.