Hair comprises of one of those features that can make or mar the personality of a person. The type of your hair, as well as the way you style it, can go a long way in adding to your looks. All the people in this world are not gifted with the same type of hair. While some people take pride on their curly locks, others are simply in love with their straight hair. Then, there are some who have wavy hair, which is neither curly, nor straight. Whatever be the type of your hair, you need to take proper care of it, lest it gets damaged and loses its beauty. In the following lines, we have provided hair care tips for three different hair types - curly, wavy and straight.
Hair Care for Curly Hair
Hair Care for Curly Hair
- Avoid using hair dryer as much as possible, since curly hair tends to be very fragile. Let your hair air-dry as much as possible.
- Never ever brush your curls, if you do not want to end up having frizzy hair. Rather, sort out the tangles with the help of your fingers.
- Never ever wash your curly hair on a daily basis. It would rob it of the natural oils and contribute to the frizz.
- Stay away from hair care products, like grease, mousses and gels, as much as you can.
- Massage your scalp with coconut oil, jojoba oil or Aloe Vera juice 1-2 times in a week.
- Since curly hair is prone to dryness, you should make sure to use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner regularly.
- Get your hair trimmed once every six to eight weeks. This will prevent split ends to quite an extent.
- Rather than letting your wavy hair air-dry, towel-dry it as much as possible.
- After washing your wavy hair, never ever bunch it on top of your head. It will create unnecessary knots and frizz.
- Always use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your wavy hair. However, do not tug at knots, as it leads to breakage.
- For wavy hair, it is advisable to make use of shine-enhancing shampoo and conditioner.
- Indulge in detoxification of your hair about once a month.
- Wash your hair either on a daily basis or at least on alternate days.
- Avoid using curling iron on your hair and even if you use it, make sure to keep the heat setting on low.
- Never brush your hair when it is still wet. If you need to detangle it, make use of your fingers for the purpose.
- Do not rub your wet hair with a towel. Rather, use it to squeeze out water from the hair, gently.
- After applying conditioner on your hair, and before rinsing it out, comb your hair, using a wide-toothed comb.
- Do not touch or play with your hair every now and then. Rather, avoid touching your hair as much as possible.