Gutthi is back in 'Comedy Nights with Kapil'

Since a long time, there was a speculation of Sunil Grover coming back in 'Comedy Nights with Kapil' and now it is clear that he is back in the show.

But this time not as a Gutthi,we will now see him as Manju's (Sumona Chakravarty) father and Bitto Sharma's father-in-law.
SunilGroveronComedyNightsWithKapil-1.jpg

Gill Saab

Yaar Malang
Sunil Grover, who will be back on Comedy Nights With Kapil as Bittoo Sharma's father-in-law, talks about his earlier decisions, why he made a U-turn, and his equation with Kapil

Sunil Grover, who earlier played Gutthi on Comedy Nights With Kapil, will soon be back on the show, albeit in a new avatar. This time, he will be playing the role of Kapil Sharma's fatherin-law. We spoke to Sunil, who chose to be politically correct while talking to us. Excerpts from the chat.

ON HIS COMEBACK- A lot has been written about Sunil's comeback on the show and he reveals that talks have been on for some time. "I am very happy to be back. All I can say is PhoolKhileHainGulshanGulshan. I got a really warm welcome on the sets. Everyone was happy to have me back. Logon ne bhibahuttaaliyaanbajai. There were many formalities that needed to be completed before I could start shooting. Everything else was discussed, including this new character's entry," he says.

ON PLAYING GUTHI AGAIN- His portrayal of Gutthi made him quite popular with the audience. So, when asked whether the viewers will get to see him as Gutthi again, he says, "I will be entering the show as Sumona's father (who plays Kapil's wife) and will also be playing other characters as well. We will soon have a meeting to discuss whether Guthi should come back. But I know that the audiences definitely want to see Gutthi. Ho saktahaikiwohaajaaye. ShayadGutthiwapasaa hi jaayegi, wohbahutbesharam hai."

ON HIS DECISION TO QUIT THE SHOW EARLIER- Sunil claims that the differences that came out when he quit the show have all been sorted. "Of course, I don't want to remember those days. It was the channel's decision to not allow me to take my character to another show. I just want to entertain people and do my job. Issues arise everywhere - be it in families or at work. Now, that is all behind us," Sunil adds.

ON HIS EQUATION WITH KAPIL-Sunil insists that all is well between him and Kapil, and they share a good relationship. "I have never had any problems with Kapil. We love and respect each other. We are good friends and share jokes all the time. In fact, there weren't any problems with Kapil, there were some operational problems when I had to quit," he reveals.

ON HIS COMEDY SHOW NOT DOING WELL- Sunil had quit CMWK because he had got another offer to do a comedy show on a different channel. But the show failed to impress the audience, and the ratings never really picked up. However, Sunil doesn't regret taking up the show. "Kapil wasn't wrong when he said that my show wasn't entertaining. However, I don't regret doing it. The team worked really hard. There are some things that work and some don't. I was part of that show and things didn't shape up well. It went wrong, but that doesn't mean that I should stop working," he quips.