Gurpurab Greetings

SHauKeeN GaBRu

Chardi Kala
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Heartiest wishes to the global Sikh community on the eve of Prakash Divas of the Third Nanak – Sri Guru Amardass Ji.
Guru Sahib was born in 1479 A.D. at village Basarke in Amritsar. Born to Sri Tej Bhan, a farmer and trader and Lachmi, Guru Sahib was the eldest of all the children.
Guru Amardass was a very devout Vaishnavite Hindu since childhood and performed all the rituals a typical Hindu man would do. One day he heard the Shabads of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji being sung by Bibi Amro, the daughter of Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji, the second Sikh Guru. Guru Sahib was so moved by the Shabads that he immediately decided to go and meet Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji at Khadur Sahib. Guru Amardass Ji was 61 years of age at the time. After meeting Guru Angad Dev Ji in 1635, Guru Amardass Ji became his disciple and a devout Sikh involved in the ‘ Sewa' of Sikh community and Guru Sahib.
Guru Angad Dev Ji, with his divine eye could see the next Guru in Amardass Ji. Ultimately, before leaving his earthly abode Guru Angad Dev Ji performed the necessary rituals in 1553 to make Bhai Amaru the next Nanak and rename him as Sri Guru Amardass Ji in the old age of 73.
But it was not acceptable to the son of Guru Angad Dev Ji, called Datu. He angrily came to Guru Sahib and kicked him in the chest saying, “You were mere a servant of the house till yesterday, how dare you style yourself as the master?” Guru Amardass Ji, famous for his humility and kindness, caressed the feet of Datu and Said, “My bones are old and hard. You may have hurt yourself kicking me.”
Though all his life was devoted the ‘Sewa' of Akal Purkh Waheguru Ji, Guru Amardass Ji contributed to Sikh religion in the following major fields:
  • He started the concept of ‘Langar' and made it compulsory for all the visitors to first take the ‘Langar' sitting in the ‘Pangat' with all others.
  • He criticized the Caste System administered by Brahminical order of India.
  • Guru Sahib preached ‘Equal social status to women' and strictly prohibited ‘Sati' and ‘Parda' in Sikh community.
  • Established '22 Manjis' , an administrative system for the management of the increasing size of The Sikh congregations.
  • Guru Sahib composed ‘Anand Sahib', one of the Five Banis recited daily by a baptized Sikh in his daily ‘Nitnem' (Routine).
  • Guru Sahib established the city of Goindwal on the banks of river Beas in 1552-53 A.D.
  • Guru Amardass penned a total of 907 hymns, which are included in Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
Before leaving his mortal frame at much old age of 95 years, Guru Sahib nominated Sri Guru Ram Dass Ji (Bhai Jetha) as the fourth Nanak.
Guru Sahib's life was the ultimate example of sacrifice for the humanity, in the supreme sense of the word. He says:

(I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to those whose minds are filled with the Name of the Lord.)​

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Heartiest wishes to the global Sikh community on the eve of Prakash Divas of the Third Nanak – Sri Guru Amardass Ji.
Guru Sahib was born in 1479 A.D. at village Basarke in Amritsar. Born to Sri Tej Bhan, a farmer and trader and Lachmi, Guru Sahib was the eldest of all the children.
Guru Amardass was a very devout Vaishnavite Hindu since childhood and performed all the rituals a typical Hindu man would do. One day he heard the Shabads of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji being sung by Bibi Amro, the daughter of Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji, the second Sikh Guru. Guru Sahib was so moved by the Shabads that he immediately decided to go and meet Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji at Khadur Sahib. Guru Amardass Ji was 61 years of age at the time. After meeting Guru Angad Dev Ji in 1635, Guru Amardass Ji became his disciple and a devout Sikh involved in the ‘ Sewa' of Sikh community and Guru Sahib.
Guru Angad Dev Ji, with his divine eye could see the next Guru in Amardass Ji. Ultimately, before leaving his earthly abode Guru Angad Dev Ji performed the necessary rituals in 1553 to make Bhai Amaru the next Nanak and rename him as Sri Guru Amardass Ji in the old age of 73.
But it was not acceptable to the son of Guru Angad Dev Ji, called Datu. He angrily came to Guru Sahib and kicked him in the chest saying, “You were mere a servant of the house till yesterday, how dare you style yourself as the master?” Guru Amardass Ji, famous for his humility and kindness, caressed the feet of Datu and Said, “My bones are old and hard. You may have hurt yourself kicking me.”
Though all his life was devoted the ‘Sewa' of Akal Purkh Waheguru Ji, Guru Amardass Ji contributed to Sikh religion in the following major fields:
  • He started the concept of ‘Langar' and made it compulsory for all the visitors to first take the ‘Langar' sitting in the ‘Pangat' with all others.
  • He criticized the Caste System administered by Brahminical order of India.
  • Guru Sahib preached ‘Equal social status to women' and strictly prohibited ‘Sati' and ‘Parda' in Sikh community.
  • Established '22 Manjis' , an administrative system for the management of the increasing size of The Sikh congregations.
  • Guru Sahib composed ‘Anand Sahib', one of the Five Banis recited daily by a baptized Sikh in his daily ‘Nitnem' (Routine).
  • Guru Sahib established the city of Goindwal on the banks of river Beas in 1552-53 A.D.
  • Guru Amardass penned a total of 907 hymns, which are included in Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
Before leaving his mortal frame at much old age of 95 years, Guru Sahib nominated Sri Guru Ram Dass Ji (Bhai Jetha) as the fourth Nanak.
Guru Sahib's life was the ultimate example of sacrifice for the humanity, in the supreme sense of the word. He says:

(I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to those whose minds are filled with the Name of the Lord.)​
very nice thread dearest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thnxxx for the info,,,,,,,,,