Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
200g potatoes, peeled and cubed
salt, to taste
70g garlic, roasted
40ml corn oil
300g red onions, thinly sliced
125g veal jus
10g each, chives and chopped parsley
10g black pepper
400g sour cream
12 egg whites, beaten
300g beef rib-eye, marinated in salt and thyme
1. Boil potatoes in salted water. Drain and reserve water.
2. In a pan, mix together cream, half the roasted garlic and reserved water, then cook for 10 minutes. Add to the potatoes and mash. Set aside.
3. To make onion confit, heat corn oil and sauté onions until caramelised. Reduce heat, add butter and simmer for 10 minutes. Add veal jus, half the chives and half the parsley and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
4. To make garlic ice cream, blend the remaining garlic, chives, and parsley. Add pepper and sour cream. Fold in egg whites then blend with an ice cream mixer, refrigerate.
5. Cook beef. Serve with confit, potatoes and garlic ice cream.