God

J@tti

..Majajan..
What's your defn of God?

Did God make us so that he can be "God"? Who would call God great if we did not exist?

Did He just make us so that his greatness can be validated?

prithvi.k

on off on off......
oh not again yaar, if we start then it will end up in huge arguement..these r never ending topics

well,defination for english word God
G - Generator = The god Bhrama creator of whole universe
O- Operator = The god Vishnu one who looks after the universe
D- Destroyer = The god Maheshwar (shiva) the power of his 3rd eye.

if we read or have little bit also knowledge of our holy scriptures granth or vedas then all like this answer is already explained properly.all doubt will be cleared

ab baar baar kon likhe tah discuss kareh .. bake dah answer god he ah keh degah :gho

pps309

Prime VIP
I am not sure if there is a answer to your question.
Accoriding to my little knowledge, Mool Mantra at the begining of SGGS or Japji Sahib is very close to definition of God.

Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib and other banis do describe the greatness and goodness of god.

I believe that it is impossible to define God in words, its all about realizing him.

J@tti

..Majajan..
I don't want to know how certain scriptures define God. I want to know how you define God. What is your preception of Him? Forget what anyone has told/taught you - just say how you picture God

I am not sure if there is a answer to your question.
Accoriding to my little knowledge, Mool Mantra at the begining of SGGS or Japji Sahib is very close to definition of God.

Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib and other banis do describe the greatness and goodness of god.

I believe that it is impossible to define God in words, its all about realizing him.

I agree...the onli way to realize god is to listen to ur inner voice and meditate with his name. Har ik gul da answer apney man ch hi a...

I don't want to know how certain scriptures define God. I want to know how you define God. What is your preception of Him? Forget what anyone has told/taught you - just say how you picture God

Eh joh tooh keh rahi a biba eh oh hor gul ho jandi a......Sri Guru Granth Sahib ch hi likhea.....he is formless.....he never dies......

hun toh ap dus ehda da ki ho sakda.....there is no straight answer to what is god?

J@tti

..Majajan..
Amazing - no one has a distinct image of God in their mind

It's like our imagination has been reduced to zero - we only believe what we are told and what we see (thanks to TV/Internet)

prithvi.k

on off on off......
ok then some more frm my side.....

If we there or not, then also god will exist & god does not need any thing/one to prove him or to show his greatness.Do our parents give birth and grow us so that one day we say to them that you are great...God is parents of parents and his love for us is more than we can ever begin to imagine.

Yesterday when i signoff from here,then suddenly one point came in my mind and thought i should say about this,but az it was to late i decided tomorrow i will do it.And today evening when i come i saw u already said this lol
"forgot anyone or how certain scriptures define God" ooooh well right said me to agree with this, if we belive god only through scriptures then we wont come to know him ever...
Many are there who daily read holy scripture even they r much thorough in all these things but still they r mostly dumb i will say.These so called religious ppl fundamentalist they only nah who keep guns ammunation in holy shrines,makeing religion symbol with sword and gun.Doing blast,No they said, terror has no religion hence these blasts, though done with a their holy book surrounded by AK47s, and long quotes from it to justify the blasts and the killings of ppl shouldn't be sourced to religion....oh really scripture followers,even the sucide attackers r good followers of these holy books....I have never hear or saw that keeping fast for continous days make the person to have moksha/mukhti or he/she has become a good person...But its good if monthly atleast 1 or 2 (not more then that & gap of 15 days) fast we keep,scientific to its proven good for health az it works as process of cleaning undigested food....

Ok now how to define/know about god its simple any one can do, its worlds easiest thing to know.Firstly to know or to comment on something we should involved in that thing...Example,a science stream student will not have any idea about accounts and vice-a-versa,but if he involve himself in that a/c stream then he can be master in that.Like this if we want/desire to know about god then we have to involved in those procedure.And thatz is what it called Karma yog...
Dont fully depend on something be pratical always, In short yaar just do good karma, along with if possible little bit of naam jap(chanting of god's infinite names) as this will help to ctrl the Restless Mind, to get misguide from the path...Or to know someone we talk,make friendship so here to if want to know god just talk with him make him urs "sakha" friend,boyfriend father,mother,son,daughter, anything az god weak point is love...God is hunger of love and from love only we can ctrl him...many in past to came like rama bhakt shabri,Arjun,meera, or Bhai Lehna ,bhai Kanhaiya etc... which education or holy scripture they follow or did ? but then also look god itself came to meet/protect them...these are the real followers & they are only who realy finded god..moksha/mukhti.Here i remember a doha of kabira,Pothi padhat jag mua pandit bhaya na koye, Dhai aakhar prem ka padhe so pandit hoye....
All in one and one in all :]
So,if we waste out time in trivial things, We get trivial returns,if we put our time doing something useful,it results in useful outcome And if we devote our time in sacred and pious efforts,we get sacred returns.This way if we channelize our time and energy towards god,we can even realize him one day !

Note -
The word God(he) i used in between ,it does not means that god is male and ha nor even female or shemale....if it taken as male only then it also said about "adhra shakti" the power of women in from of goddess shakti...and i think every one knows if goddess shakti get anger then wat happen !
"yeah likha hai bass yakeen karoh",,not all these crap things ...as by vedas force should not be used in practicing religion...let them do by his own way, just help him by some above ways i said
Lastly,it fully does not means that we should disgrace our scriptures remember who said/written them ! some by itself god and other by his followers..so should have atleast little respect for it.

Justpunjabi

Lets_rock
Dear Friend Its Our Believe the god exist

No one has seen him , No One can define him

God IS Almighty , So plz Dont Make Religious Issue About This.

Thank you

Amazing - no one has a distinct image of God in their mind

It's like our imagination has been reduced to zero - we only believe what we are told and what we see (thanks to TV/Internet)

I think you are misunderstanding.....what others are telling you.

What you are saying is a very "worldly" thing. what do you guys imagine god as? ......

Read some gurbani and you will know where people that have written it are coming from. It is a collection of very high level thought and it tells you what the meaning of the word "god" is. It is not a guy that would give you everything. It is not something that if you lay your hands on, you will get everything. What others are saying is that there is no one line answer to what you are saying.

To even realize what god is you need to be at a high level of consciousness.

ik oa(n)kaar
There is but one God, He vibrates continuously in all His creations as ‘Aong’

ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ
sath naam
His Name Is Truth

ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ
karathaa purakh
Supreme creator, who lives in all His creations

ਨਿਰਭਉ
nirabho
Fearless.

ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ
niravair
Is not vindictive (has no enmity)

ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ
akaal moorath
Eternal form

ਅਜੂਨੀ
ajoonee
Is Beyond Birth & Death

ਸੈਭੰ
saibha(n)
Exists by Himself (in the form of ‘Prakash’ (light) & Naad ( Sound : ‘Aong’)

ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ
gur prasaadh
His Grace extends to all His creations/By His Grace He can be realized/ By His Grace He (Guru Nanak) is reciting

॥ ਜਪੁ ॥
|| jap ||
The name of the Bani -meditate

Essence: Salok: The Japu ji Bani begins with this Salok which is an elaboration of the term ‘ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ’ used in the Moolmantar. Akaal Murat means ‘eternal’. In this salok he emphasises that the Lord alone is eternal. All other things – the universe, the galaxies, the planets, the worldly things and the bodily forms that exist in His entire expanse are ephemeral – transient, temporary, subject to change & perishable. Guru Nanak says that He alone exists from the beginning of the ages, He exists through all the ages and shall exist for all ages to come
ਆਦਿ ਸਚੁ ਜੁਗਾਦਿ ਸਚੁ ॥
aadh sach jugaadh sach ||
He exists as ‘Truth’ from the beginning of the ages. He exists as ‘Truth’ throughout the Ages.

ਹੈ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੋਸੀ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ॥੧॥
hai bhee sach naanak hosee bhee sach ||1||
He exists as ‘Truth’ as of Now. O Nanak, He shall exist as ‘Truth’ for all times to come

what can be all that at one time? i dont know.....only way to find out is to recite the name and conquer ur ego(mann). But if u do that i doubt you will ever ask this question again........

What i am trying to say is that the question you are asking others can only be answered from within you..... Only way to find out is conquer ur mann....

This is what i think........

"According to me : If a person is not emotionally attached to any thing in this world then he has achieved god. Its total control over your mind...which translates into gud disciplin in life.

i.e. - by not being emotionally attached i dont mean that leave ur family and stay in jungles. I mean its about controlling your mind(mann)....again i cant stress that enough....and do the right thing everytime. Free your mind of all the lobh moh ahankar and then you can get close to realizing god.

emotions distort
naam japna...simran - keeps ur mann in check and doesnt let you do wrong things.

Basically its living life in the purest way possible....."

woah explaining god is hard i think ill stop before i blow my brain....:wacko

by the way the last quoted paragraph is entirely my explanation. Feel free to disagree or discuss.:chew