Germany

MAVERICK

Idyllic scenes like this one of a snow-covered medieval castle are standard fare in the Bavarian city of Mittenwald. Nestled in the Alps of southern Germany, Bavaria is known for its classic charm and enduring traditions.

Built as early as the 1300s, the famous Satzvey Castle in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia is a public attraction as well as the private residence of Count Beissel von Gymnich and his family.

A mother and her son greet each other over the newly built wall that will soon come to define their existence in Berlin. From 1961, when this picture was taken, to 1989 the Berlin Wall divided the communist East from the democratic West.

Despite exchanging clogs for sneakers, these revelers in Herbstein, Germany, celebrate Fasching, or Carnival, the old-fashioned way.

Although some might associate Holstein, Germany, with the breed of cattle that shares its name, it is better known for its fertile feeds and beautiful landscapes.

The twin towers of Munich's medieval Frauenkirche, or Church of Our Lady, and the Gothic-styled clock tower of New Town Hall dominate the skyline of one of Germany's most famous cities. Twice a day, the square fills with people gathering to watch nearly life-size figurines act out scenes from the city's history on the famous carillon clock tower.

The Brandenburg Gate has stood at the entrance to Berlin's heart since the late 18th century.

Reichstag was the name of Germany's parliament before it was disassembled by the Nazis. After World War II, when Germany enacted a revised constitution in 1949, a new parliament was instituted and the name was changed to Budestag. The building, however, retained its original name of Reichstag.

The Spree River carves its course through a mixture of architecture from medieval to modern in Berlin before combining with the Havel River and flowing out to sea.

Queensaj

Elite
lol ok let me see, all over England, Wales, Scotland, Pakistan, Dubai, America, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium.. ummmm.. thats all i think :an

How do i do it? well as you know i love my beautiful world and love sight seeing, so whenever i get the opportunity to go somewhere, i grab it with both hands :p

Queensaj

Elite
:o :o :o

u havent seen india yet....wow...u have missed something..:p

lol, yes that is my next stop, inshallah! i am going to lahore in december if things go well, hoping to pay a little visit to my fellow punjabis on the other side of the border..

actually, tell a lie - my next stop is new york - in a few weeks for my cousins wedding! :p

MAVERICK

lol, yes that is my next stop, inshallah! i am going to lahore in december if things go well, hoping to pay a little visit to my fellow punjabis on the other side of the border..

actually, tell a lie - my next stop is new york - in a few weeks for my cousins wedding! :p

wow....
i wish for that kinda life..:dr

Queensaj

Elite
well, fellow tree hugger, i do hope you get to see much of the world some time because i can tell you, the joy that comes of seeing pictures is nothing compared to when you are there witnessing it for yourself..theres so much of the worlds beauty to see and too little time :d

MAVERICK

yeah...so little time...and so much to see....i have a great wanderlust..i just needs means..and i ll done..:d