Gandhi

J@tti

..Majajan..
jattscotchdashokeen said:

he cud have done much gud to country than he did....

I know, you can never change opinion of others, but it's better if you appreciate efforts than condemning, and here we are talking about efforts that are incomparable, invaluable and what not.

Zailldaar

Mimber
J@tti said:
I know, you can never change opinion of others, but it's better if you appreciate efforts than condemning, and here we are talking about efforts that are incomparable, invaluable and what not.

theek hai sab kuch theek hai....but Y all credit to ONE person...dats not rite..

i know wat opinion i ve others may or may not have the same...but still others shud also get the due status...

its not just that i being punjabi i say about bhagat singh alone..but their are others as well which shud be respected equally as Gandhi

J@tti

..Majajan..
There were freedom fighters, whose name you might not have even heard, even their effort was incomparable. Freedom is too expensive, don't belittle anyone's contribution.

Zailldaar

Mimber
J@tti said:
There were freedom fighters, whose name you might not have even heard, even their effort was incomparable. Freedom is too expensive, don't belittle anyone's contribution.

dats wat i'm saying ...maybe mein naam v na suneya hove..kyun ki litta nahi janda ... naam ta litta janda ek bande da...je bakiya nu due respect millli hundi ..ta aaj appa shayad eh behaas na karde hunde...

mein kehnda je gandhi father of nation ..no problem but bakkiya nu ve koi title do brother of nation...uncle of nation...kuch v...

J@tti

..Majajan..
If you can't even count the number of sacrifices done, can you give each sacrifice a title? How feasible is the suggestion you are making.

guywidattitude

bEtTa LeAvE dIs BoY aLoNe
dekho ji behas karan da koi fayda nahin udan hi jidan gandhi di ijjat karan da koi fayda nahin....................
baki i appreciate 1-2 ppl here jo jabardasti udi ijjat wadhaunde c......................par koi fayda nahin........jehde puaade gandhi ne puane c oh taan pai hi chuke hain.......so better 4get him n all his fake kurbaniyan.....

dhana_jatt

~*~ NiMaNa ~*~
lo ji asi v kuch kahage gandhi bare..... ehna ne ahinsa da sath de ke aapni 7 pusta sudhar liya.... ajj gandhi raz karde ne india te.... te bhagat singh, udham singh, kartar singh sarabha... jine ne apni zinda desh khatar qurban kar tiya ohna de ghar da haal vekho jake... main ehni kehnda gandhi theek ni c par kade bhagat singh warge mahan shaheeda bare kade kise ne socheya?... ohna de ghar da bohat mara haal aa... ohna diya pushta ajj roti layi taraf diya ne... jine ne desh layi jaan warti ohnu nu ignore karta... te sara credit gandhi nu deta... ajj oh vip bane hoye ne... ah sara sar shaheeda di bezti aa.... jere log gandhi nu des premi mande ne oh jara dasan ohne ki kita des layi... ik lungi ji pake ghumda reha... te bhagat singh wargeya ne fansi nu chum ke moot nu gale laya... hun aap daso kinu kithe hona chahida c.... ah jo v likheya main eh mostly sare punjabiya da dil bolda

Rolly

lolz
hmmm,
i am from a patriotic family, pretty patriotic

1.i havent ever heard from anyone in my life that gandhi or anyone else did more than any other person. i have been never taught anywhere, in skool or family, that gandhi was greater than bhagat singh blah blah blah
at some other forum, i once saw a thread -- who's the greatest freedom fighter ? my instant reaction was wtf ! what an absurd question.

2. contri made by each person matters, coz aazaadi demands cost, that too a heavy one.

3. bhagat singh - i salute him, what he did has no parallels, but there might have been many others, who couldn't get their names in history.

bhagat singh knew and is obvious that just by going violent and killing some british oficers, ya can't get independance from britishers. the aim of hinsa-waadi freedom fighters like bhagat singh wasnt to kill britishers and throw them out, they wanted to awaken the sleeping india.
if bhagat singh hadnt given his sacrifice, a majority of indians wouldnt have come outta their comfort zones.

gandhi ji -- he had no less contri ... the force of unity .. unity of common masses for common cause of freedom without picking up any hathiyaar and without going violent ..... had no answer from british empire .. this shook the british roots
BUT
hadnt been the sacrifices of greats like bhagat singh, udham singh, there wouldnt have been many people from common masses fighting for independance, either by being a satyagrahi, or by being a hathiyaar-band revolutionary.
it all kinda goes in parallel .

so, i just feel pissed off when i see any discussion demonising any freedom fighter -- be it gandhi, or bhagat singh or any1 for that matter.

yeah, gandhi must have gone wrong somehere in his policies about deciding post-independence india's future, like about partition stuff, and other things like withdrawl of movement afta Chaura-Chauri incident, but his intentions must have been for teh very good of india, though his unintentional mistakes had a till-today effect due to his emminent position in indian policy makers during pre-independance days

also, what we know ... me or anybody else ... majorly depends on what we have read, or heard or seen in media ... some incorrect facts presented in a very effective way through media might have a long lasting effect on a young brain ... so instead of being like "he was a bad guy, i know" , we should be like "he was a bad guy, thats what i have been knowing" ... i just mean keep the things flexible, since we all know that today's politicians cook stuff in media about everything .. indepenance fight ... about religion ... and just anything ... for the bloody heck of their vote bank ....... even the acad books and other literature hasnt remained unaffected.

no offences to anyone

i salute bhagat singh, gandhi ji, and everybody elae, name heard or not.
:)

MeHRaM

sadial
Rolly said:
hmmm,
i am from a patriotic family, pretty patriotic

1.i havent ever heard from anyone in my life that gandhi or anyone else did more than any other person. i have been never taught anywhere, in skool or family, that gandhi was greater than bhagat singh blah blah blah
at some other forum, i once saw a thread -- who's the greatest freedom fighter ? my instant reaction was wtf ! what an absurd question.

2. contri made by each person matters, coz aazaadi demands cost, that too a heavy one.

3. bhagat singh - i salute him, what he did has no parallels, but there might have been many others, who couldn't get their names in history.

bhagat singh knew and is obvious that just by going violent and killing some british oficers, ya can't get independance from britishers. the aim of hinsa-waadi freedom fighters like bhagat singh wasnt to kill britishers and throw them out, they wanted to awaken the sleeping india.
if bhagat singh hadnt given his sacrifice, a majority of indians wouldnt have come outta their comfort zones.

gandhi ji -- he had no less contri ... the force of unity .. unity of common masses for common cause of freedom without picking up any hathiyaar and without going violent ..... had no answer from british empire .. this shook the british roots
BUT
hadnt been the sacrifices of greats like bhagat singh, udham singh, there wouldnt have been many people from common masses fighting for independance, either by being a satyagrahi, or by being a hathiyaar-band revolutionary.
it all kinda goes in parallel .

so, i just feel pissed off when i see any discussion demonising any freedom fighter -- be it gandhi, or bhagat singh or any1 for that matter.

yeah, gandhi must have gone wrong somehere in his policies about deciding post-independence india's future, like about partition stuff, and other things like withdrawl of movement afta Chaura-Chauri incident, but his intentions must have been for teh very good of india, though his unintentional mistakes had a till-today effect due to his emminent position in indian policy makers during pre-independance days

also, what we know ... me or anybody else ... majorly depends on what we have read, or heard or seen in media ... some incorrect facts presented in a very effective way through media might have a long lasting effect on a young brain ... so instead of being like "he was a bad guy, i know" , we should be like "he was a bad guy, thats what i have been knowing" ... i just mean keep the things flexible, since we all know that today's politicians cook stuff in media about everything .. indepenance fight ... about religion ... and just anything ... for the bloody heck of their vote bank ....... even the acad books and other literature hasnt remained unaffected.

no offences to anyone

i salute bhagat singh, gandhi ji, and everybody elae, name heard or not.
:)

dats what i was sayin dat evry1 has good and bad part and we should always follow the good one. and Gandhi too had some good ideas to follow. its also true dat he made some mistakes(even some blunder one)..

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
We can Respect Gandhi for what he wanted to achieve without arguing what or what not he managed.
About his post independence decisions :- well he was a good man and good men are seldom good politicians.

Zailldaar

Mimber
J@tti said:
If you can't even count the number of sacrifices done, can you give each sacrifice a title? How feasible is the suggestion you are making.

i'm not a histroian ki mein count kara number of scrifices,sacrifice ek hove ja jada ,depends ki what the person did...

n gandhi ne aisa v kuch nahi kitta ki bapu ban ke beh jave...its was not a piece of cake jo gandhi goreya toh leke a gaya...it was a collective effort ....na sirf bhagat singh,kartar singh sarabha,raj guru,sukhdev,udham singh,or lal bahudur shastri ne he qurbani ditti...every other person jis ne har ek andolan ch enna sareya da saath ditta shud get the same credit...

je gandhi ne koi andolan chalaya ...who supported him the people , other leaders ...so wat for he alone gets the credit of indian independence...

pps309

Prime VIP
Gandhi ....ek aam insaan siga..
pata nahi oss lathi aale babe ch koi gal ta sigi ke sara mulak ullu waang osde magar magar turda siga..... ek dhoti te chadar ji pai firda siga but angreja nu dukhi osne bhi changa kita.

Jo bhi siga kuch ta gal sigi oss ch....ghato ghat agle ne himmat ta kiti...

Baki Freedom jo sigi oh kisse kalle dharam ya kalle bande di ditti hoyi den nahi aa...oh sab da effort si, kisse da ghat te kisse da jyada....Jaan sab ne ditti kisse di kadar pai te kisse di nahi.

Hun bas farak ehna pehla angrej raz karde si hun bharstachar, ghooskhori te kalabazari raaz kardi aa.

kasoor kise da bhi nahi kad sakde...coz har koi sochda ke ohne sade lai ki kitta, koi injh nahi sochda ke main sarya lai eh karna.

J@tti

..Majajan..

Jatt_Scotch_da_Shokeen said:
je gandhi ne koi andolan chalaya ...who supported him the people , other leaders ...so wat for he alone gets the credit of indian independence...

To get the support of huge masses and to gain their confidence is not a piece of cake either. He was a really smart guy; non co-operation movement is one proof of it. He had his own beliefs, which we might not believe in, but that does not diminish his unparallel contribution. Learn to appreciate rather than condemning all the time.

J@tti

..Majajan..
Jatt_Scotch_da_Shokeen said:
but in general you don't or you can't appreciate:hit

I appreciate things that need to be appreciated. You don't know me enough to comment on me.

munda_wakhre_type_da

-- Kem da Gui --
yaar main orj dekhda ke is thread ch gandhi nu leke roj raula pea hunda...bakshdo bai nu hun..kun khlara paya agle daa... chado.. jeda mar mukleaa ki khlarana hor unu... hor sunao kinwe chaldi sab di ashqi?