Sadhu

-

Those who eat meat usually use the following verse of guru Nanak
to justify it :

"...fools argue about flesh and meat, but they know nothing about
meditation and spiritual wisdom...."
SGGS, pg.1289, Guru Nanak Dev...

But have we ever thought that those who argue what should be and
what should not be eaten, possibly, might just not be fools....

I, for one, think they are not. Watch these videos and you too will be convinced....

In Silence They Suffer, In Loneliness They Die ( 3min. 16secs )

This Will Change Your Life ( 1min. 14secs )
YouTube - This will change your life

Humans who don't indulge in what humans in the videos above
do, or encourage them for doing so, certainly are far superior,
spiritually, morally, ethically... whichever way you look at it.

Atleat compared to those who indulge in what is shown in the videos above....
or than those who do this...

4088776961_c768cb1b37_o-1.jpg

4088777009_41485bc681_o-1.jpg

4088777071_dd3f8fc624_o-1.jpg

The birds have part of their sensitive beaks cut off so that they won’t peck each other
as a result of the frustration created by the unnatural confinement. Pecking each other
results in injuries or deaths, a loss too great the poultry industry can afford to bear.

Dhanyavaad.

-

Sadhu

-

This Will Change Your Life ( 1 min. 14 sec. )

Women - Certainly Not A Mother - Killing Chick ( 0 min. 31 sec. )
"]YouTube- Women Killing Chickens

Our Daily Chicken ( 1 min. 47 sec. )
"]YouTube- Our Daily Chicken

Dhanyavaad

-

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
If the above videos doesn't change your life, this image certainly will.

355691319_1248a08b7f-1.jpg

The poor animal chained for the most part of the life span,
artificially inseminated and the calves are either sold or killed :(

We should not drink milk. ( or tea and other diary )

And those leather shoes, belts, wallets and purses doesn't always come from naturally Dead animals.

Kind hearted vegetarians should only wear rubber shoes and carry cloth purses :)

Jus

Filhaal..
And those leather shoes, belts, wallets and purses doesn't always come from naturally Dead animals.

Kind hearted vegetarians should only wear rubber shoes and carry cloth purses :)

bau vadiya gal kahi birre!

prinzdude

ah taan vidhi da vidhan aa.. esse layi taan guru ji ne aakheya k "fools argue about flesh and meat, but they know nothing about meditation and spiritual wisdom"

Jagdish Chandra bose discovered in 1927 that plants have a life through his "Ascent of life" theory.

hun khaana v chhadd do.. assi kinni buri tarah nikke nikke plants nu vaddhde aan..

Sadhu

-

Animals are primarily slaughtered for meat. Leather and fat(charbee) are byproducts that provide
additional revenue. Killing them for leather alone would be in no way economically profitabe,
unless the animal is an exotic one that provides enough revenue from the sale of its fur or skin.
Only a fool will kill a buffalo solely for leather.

As to that poor chained animal in that picture, well, that creature, even if the owner were to set it free
will return back home to the very place it supposed to be kept chained. That creature was born in that
very cirumstance and know of no other reality and thus, it doesn't miss freedom as WE know it.
That creature probably is even in love with those who keep it chained and probably look down
upon those free, or, shall I say, abandoned animals found roaming on the streets. Just as we Humans
love those or that which takes away a lot of our freedom and are actually proud if it all ( our religion,
our language, our traditions...) and don't want to be free because we too don't really miss the other
reality that we were not born in. We too love our chains.

But we will certainly run away if those we love and trust were to abuse, torture, sodomize us,
day in and day out, feed us so that we could provide meat, and leather someday....
That daily torture if Humans were to face, will sure want to run away, won't they ?
Especially when they know there is no hope that some day....other than getting killed for meat....

So you see, Mr Dhillon, there is a big difference in what you have shown and what I did.
In a way you do have a point but some how your post has trivilialized such an important issue.

Are all those people who believe that creatures we think of as lesser creature are not really
getting a fair deal only because we are stronger and can keep bullying them fools??
What about Gautama Buddha? Mahavira? Were they fools?

I know there are people who will say yes, they were fools. But there's a reason why they say so.

It is merely an attemt to give a Western or a Semitic rendering to their lifestyles or even to their religions
and is an old one and is not limited to Indians alone. It has very much to do with the circumstances in which
the world came to be dominated by people of Semitic religions. During this period, monolatry, prophetism,
revelation - concepts of little spiritual validity or worth - acquired a great political clout and social prestige
and these began to be adopted by many subject people. They wanted their religions to look like the Semitic
religions with a single God, a Revelation, a Prophet or Saviour, and a single Church or Ummah.

Western way of life in India got inextricably mixed up over the hundred and fifty years of British rule.
It appears to us as synonymous with materialistic, economic, social, and political superiority.

Its clear that many Indians are almost ashamed of their ancestral religion, their belief system, and also their
eating habits. The aping of Europeans by those Indians who live in the west is bad enough, but the aping
of them by Indian residents is a violence done to their identity and, shall I say, even to their religions.

By the way, all those who actually follow the "fools who argue" doctrine, I wonder what they will
do if the leather or the lipstick they wear on their persons were to come with a description as to
how it was acquired? Halaal fashion? or Jhatka fashion?? Because in the west there is hardly
anything know as Jhatka. Almost all of the meat, leather, lipsticks available are 'Kosher'(Halaal).

Dhanyavaad

-

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
And why should the human kindness be limited to animals larger than a certain size ?
What about mosquitoes, cockroaches , etc. etc ?
About halaal or jhatka, Its just ignorance to prefer one above other.

Sadhu

-

And why should the human kindness be limited to animals larger than a certain size ?
What about mosquitoes, cockroaches , etc. etc ?
About halaal or jhatka, Its just ignorance to prefer one above other.
-

When stung by a mosquito even a baby would swat it instinctively.
But the same baby would want to play with a sparrow. Even a cow
who is a herbivore swats flies and mosquitoes with her tail.
These are things that come instinctively and we don't have much
control over them. As to halaal or jhatka, how would you choose
to get your meat if you have to do it yourself?

(Though I must contragulate you that you don't need Jagdish Chandra boses'
discovery to justify eating meat - considering you are a meat eater....)

Tell you what? There are people who say eating meat too comes instinctively
to us because we are like the Lion. But since we mind eating dog-meat we are
not really like the Lion who is known to eat it's own children when really desperate
with hunger. We never do that. We gave up Cannibalism long ago. We are Humans.

Dhanyavaad

-

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
-
As to halaal or jhatka, how would you choose
to get your meat if you have to do it yourself?

-

Jhatka If its a smaller animal or a bird, halaal if its a large animal ( bull, camel )

A Lion may resort to Cannibalism in desperation but humans would kill each other for far trivial reasons So humans are not as evolved as we would like to think.

J@tti

..Majajan..
At the end of the day, it's your choice to make.

If it comes to survival, I am sure humans would still resort to cannibalism. The end result of jhatka or hallal is the same - a life is lost either way. Do what you can live with.

pps309

Prime VIP
At the end of day, death is the reality. No matter what a human being do, it has to die one day.
So try to live life in such a way that at the time of death you should not be repenting about your deeds, because you will not get a second chance then.

Sadhu

-

Dhillon,
-->> A Lion may resort to Cannibalism in desperation but humans would kill each other for far trivial reasons
So humans are not as evolved as we would like to think. <<--

Sure humans are not yet evolved enough but that is not reason enough to stop evolving.
If that were so there would have been no need for Budhha, Mahavira or Nanak.
And say... would you decide whether to jhatka or halaal so matter of factly if it
was about an animal you are emotionally attached to ??

-

pps309,
-->> At the end of day, death is the reality. No matter what a human being do, it has to die one day.
So try to live life in such a way that at the time of death you should not be repenting about your deeds,
because you will not get a second chance then. <<--

But you can make sure the animal you put a contract out on for your supper last night gets a
second chance. You don't do that. You don't even take a moment to be grateful for its sacrifice.
You appear to not to believe in any of the the other things you say under other topics on unp....

-

Sweet_Jatti,
-->> im so proud of being vegetarian!!! <<--

Anyone who refuses to eat anything that can have children has every reason to be proud.
And if slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a proud vegetarian like you.

Dhanyavaad

-

^^^ Manush pps was actually taking your side ....he said try to live your life in a way that you dont have to repent later......which means dont kill the poor souls for your own use.

If i am na wrong.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
-

Dhillon,

And say... would you decide whether to jhatka or halaal so matter of factly if it
was about an animal you are emotionally attached to ??

-

Its not that, Halaal is killing by severing the jugular vein of the animal, death is near instant ( Lions etc. kill their prey in similar way, quick bite to the vein and the prey stopped struggling immediately , all must have watched that in a wild life documentary )

Jhatka as we all know is beheading in one blow. Killing a large animal is near impossible that way and may increase the suffering many folds.

So that's why I prefer Jhatka for small animal/birds and halaal for larger animals.

Sadhu

-

Gabru_Top_Da,
Manush pps was actually taking your side ....he said try to live your life in a way that you dont have to repent later
......which means dont kill the poor souls for your own use.

I have read pps's post again I agree with what you say. I think I got carried away by my own arguments.
My apologies to pps309.

-
-

Dhillon,
Its not that, Halaal is killing by severing the jugular vein of the animal, death is near instant
( Lions etc. kill their prey in similar way, quick bite to the vein and the prey stopped struggling immediately,
all must have watched that in a wild life documentary )

The jugular veins are veins that bring deoxygenated blood from the head back to the heart via the superior vena cava.
Wild Life Documentaries - contrary to what you say - always aver that the Lion kills by suffocating its prey by biting
and holding onto its wind-pipe. Tiger is the only animal which makes that extra effort to get it's prey by the nape of
the neck, bite it hard, often breaking the spinal cord. Such a death, even though not immediate, is painless.

But since we are discussing Halaal, allow me to state that killing by Halaal actually means slitting the throat.
Even a small animal like the chicken takes about four five minutes to die, to be relieved of the pain she suffers.
Come to think of it, even killing by Jhatka, possibly, just possibly, does not result in immediate death. No one
really knows for how long, after getting severed from the body, the head remains conscious of it's missing body!!

NOTE : The link below is from a site called Environmental Graffitti.... so please don't accept it at face value.

How Russian Scientists Kept a Dog’s Severed Head Alive!

-
I will never eat anything that walks, crawls, skips and hops.
God knows I have crawled on occasion and I am no one ate me.

Dhanyavaad

-
-