Ferrari eyes perfect finish to season after Korea win

Lily

B.R
Staff member
3660215330.jpg

Abu Dhabi: After Fernando Alonso regained the lead with his win in the Korean GP and Ferrari picked up 40 points for the team with Felipe Massa coming third, team bosses are now hoping that the momentum will be carried forward to Brazil and then Abu Dhabi for the finale.

With 50 points up for grabs and Alonso leading with 231 points, nine more than Red Bull-Renault's Mark Webber, Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo and the Scuderia's Team Principal Stefano Domenicali put out a very clear message to the team "let's keep our feet on the ground, because we have not actually won anything yet."

"Now comes the hard part and that's something we must bear in mind," said Domenicali. "Over the next three weeks, we have to do everything perfectly: reliability, the work at the track and at home and preparation for the race. These are things we are well used to, but it still merits repetition," he said.

"I have always said that this year, keeping a cool head is what will make the difference and we must not get carried away with the words of praise, just as we did not get downhearted by the criticism in the most difficult moments: we should leave unguarded enthusiasm at the door," Domenicali said.

"First of all, I want to congratulate and thank you all, because this great fight-back is down to you," said Montezemolo. "In these last few races, we have seen Ferrari working perfectly, both at the track and at home.

This is the image of the team I like to see projected to the outside world, one of a team of competent and capable people, proud to represent a winning side of Italy, which was clearly visible in the faces of those you who stood beneath the podium on Sunday," he added.

[/img][/COLOR]