Feel The Need To Give Their Kids White NickNames

What is up with Punjabis in their daily lives calling themselves "Mike" or "Tony"?
I've heard the excuse "White people can't pronounce my real name so this just makes it easier"
Uhhh...Ok...But I'm pretty sure that they can, because they pronounce my name without incident. You may have to repeat it a couple of times, but through many years of evolution White people can pronounce Indian names, it's true.
Also I went to India and I met some White People form England and through the course of the conversation they introduced themselvs as, make sure your seated for this one, "Hi I'm Bill". Can you believe this guy? What disrespect. Doesn't he know he's in India. He should of said (since he's in India) "Hi I'm Bill, but since I'm in India call me Bhupinder because I think your Brown ass can't pronoune my White name properly."
The other most common excuse is "But I will then fit in, I'll be one of them"

Uhhh...I don't think that by using a White Name is going to also make them color blind. When they see your skin color, they'll know that your not white. After the name change thing you may want to pull Michael Jackson and bleach your skin or may wear lot's of white powder to pull off the stunt.

But I'm afraid no matter how hard you try, you'll never be white.

The good thing is that lately I've been noticing at school that a lot of Indians are using there Indian names in a social setting."

WHAT DO U THINK?

J@tti

..Majajan..
Re: Feel The Need To Give Their Kids White NickNam

Why do we have a problem with everything? If someone wants to give themselves a "white name" - what is it to you? People want a sense of belonging - if that's what it takes, so what?

Why can't you be more accepting and less judgemental? If I want to call myself "Tony" tomorrow - why do I need to give anyone an explanation. It's my choice - so you better call me "Tony" or take your white or brown ass where it might belong :dead

Sweet_Jatti

.*. KiNdEr .*.

man, my real name is skinderjit kaur and people sometimes dont know how to pronounce it and they ask if i have a nick name. i usually say Kinder

the other day i was thinking about what im going to name my children, and the first few names that popped into my mind were Jasmin, Jessy, and another one was Harmin. :gig

i went through a hard time explaining how to sound out my name to the whole world but i dont want my kids to go through that, so ill give her an easy name.

my cuzin for example..... his names Manjinder but his nickname is Mike and EVERYONE including mama ji and mami ji call him Mike, he doesnt even respond to Manjinder

I have heard someone name their kid armaan singh...rofl....

Pehla apna naam change karongey....fir apni appearence ....tey fir you'll marry someone from the other community...where should it stop???

P.S - THori jahi eh gul meh kurian ch jadah dekhi a.....I used to talk to one gal jehri hamesha kehndi c meh apney niyanea da naam different rakhna..LOL...kyun punjabi names ch kuch burai a??

I have the hardest name to ever prnounce in english. Prabhjot ......but i wont change it as this for me means i have to compromise something that is dear to me....just for other people. Surely i get the occasional ...sorry what was it? ... how do u spell it?

But that is nothing to cry over....as most people dont have a prbm with u spelling out ur name for them.

Jus

Filhaal..

Not just this in every aspect of life people have the diplomatic propensity to distort things to suit or favor their needs. Its upto individual's perception. And everything is okay as long as it makes them happy. But to arrive at a certain conclusion with provincial point of view makes one nothing but a narrow-minded person.

People follow some sort of philosophy in regard to some matter. And their philosophy takes turn by 360 swiftly in some other matter just because the earlier one does not suit their needs here anymore. Such people are beautifully referred to as nothing but 'Second Handed' people. And to point it out someone , in a thread on issues relating to being a veggie or non veggie, rightly said,"'Kind Hearted Vegetarians', don't they use things made out of skins of animals and keep different standards while treating animals of varying sizes." Many a animal is killed over the entire range of food chain at the hands of apathy of human beings. Do they really give it a thought?

People doing nothing but picking things that they like from different baskets. And this is a part of human nature.

So its better to go ahead with what u think or feel like without giving worthless proofs of ur rightness in doing that and condemning someone else' views in a pretty harsh manner. Bco'z range of mind in which one can think or analyze varies from person to person and is affected by a lot of other factors.

kudi_patole_wargi

Ki Zor Gareeba Da

^^ tera naam ki hai vaise..dekha main v kina aukha pronounce karna :re

n @ the topic sabh de apne point of views aa..kise de kise naal ni match karde...so kise nu bura kyun kehna >d..thoda jo jee karda oh karo jo kise ne karna ohnu karan do...free country ch rehnde o.."jeyo aur jeene do" di philosophy apnayo te aish karo :talli

pps309

Prime VIP

Yeah, keep whatever name you feel good.
Making an excuse that I kept this name just coz it will be easier for non-indians to speak is a lame one.
Even some French, German guys have such tough names. Maybe it's the people with whom you deal matters. Some people, not only americans even south indians won't pronounce my name properly whereas some do.

Again, keep whatever name you feel good but don't succumb to pressure :). Good luck with names

→ ✰ Dead . UnP ✰ ←

→ Pendu ✰ ←
Staff member

Sadke jayie tere waddi goriye @ KPW <<< naa ta poora desi rahkya par soch poori valeti

... gaal naam di hundi so ... tussi aapna naam daso .. agle tey depand aa o laina ja nai tussi das detta bhaout aa ..bakki ohdi agle di prob aa .. ..tussi ta ohna di prob nu solve karan layi .. appna naam badal lainde aa ....

:rolleyes:
^^ tera naam ki hai vaise..dekha main v kina aukha pronounce karna :re

n @ the topic sabh de apne point of views aa..kise de kise naal ni match karde...so kise nu bura kyun kehna >d..thoda jo jee karda oh karo jo kise ne karna ohnu karan do...free country ch rehnde o.."jeyo aur jeene do" di philosophy apnayo te aish karo :talli

Theek a bhabhi.........tusi apney niyaney da na rakh leo tony, mark or mike or jasmine, angel or Kristine ......but please do tell him/her not to go around saying he/she is punjabi as what was punjabi about him changed a while back. :rolleyes:

Then he/she will marry a white guy/ girl and the transformation would be complete. :wacko

Saanu ki a saarey aish karo.....but please for god sakes dont criticize those who dont want 2 change their name and want to marry in their own caste saying that they are narrow minded. It's easier to go down on the moral standard ladder then it is to go up. :med

And before someone comes up with the wrds that you have no right to judge me. Yes, i agree i dont have any right to judge people that just want to change everything about them and then have the courage to say i am punjabi too when they are loosing their culture everday.