FEDORA CORE OS... Coolest UNIX/LINUX around

speedy250kmph

Foxymophandlemama
FEDORA CORE 5 Final OS (Unix Kernel). Open source, so its free!!!

This is the way to go. I bet u'd forget windows if you once got a feel of it. i used Nero to burn a data DVD from Fedora. It took 4:30 minutes white similar process took 13 minutes on the same PC when it was running windows. Talk about the Looks. here's some screenshots....

speedy250kmph

Foxymophandlemama
These screenies were from the Internet. Theres more to amaze. I wud get Punjabi and Hindi screenshots from my PC and post them tonite. Yes it supports lots of indian languages which windows doesnt even dreams of.

full_taur

yeah its amazing.. i have used it and screen savers are simply amazing... simply amazing.. i didnt even thnk of doing this in windows...

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
I could never acquire a taste for Linux, it’s too blotted and Drivers are so hard to find.

speedy250kmph

Foxymophandlemama
Dhillon said:
I could never acquire a taste for Linux, it’s too blotted and Drivers are so hard to find.
True... Finding drivers for open source OS needs lots of research. But on the brighter side they're much efficient and less susceptible to crashes and spyware viruses and stuff.

speedy250kmph

Foxymophandlemama
Rolly said:
cool, am yet using fedora 3, will upgrade soon
If you have broadband, its so easy to upgrade the OS over the internet(Unlike Windows). Just follow these steps.
1. open the terminal.
2. become root by typing " sh - "
3. then thype " yum -y upgrade " (-y gives default Yes to all options)
Leave it overnight and u get latest version of fedora when u wake up.

speedy250kmph

Foxymophandlemama
Punjabi Language Support in Fedora...(It also supports 7 other indian languages including Hindi, Gujrati, Konkan...)