Farah Khan: Audience first, critics later

Farah Khan: Audience first, critics later​

After Sajid Khan declaring loud and clear that he didn’t believe in critics and vowed not read a single review for his last film, his sister Farah too isn’t hiding her thoughts either.
“Most critics like to watch boring movies. Their understanding may come from some books on film making but then they are not attached to ground reality”, says Farah when questioned if she was bothered about what critics would have to say about her upcoming film TEES MAAR KHAN.
She doesn’t quite challenge the critics when it comes to their core job.
“I know for sure that they are passionate about their job. However, they are especially fond of either foreign films or the ones that come with a social message. Unfortunately, we don’t have critics who are well quipped to review commercial Bollywood movies. They should understand that movies from our world belong to a stand alone genre and are not being made anywhere else in the world,” she reasons.
She doesn’t stop here and declares that it isn’t really difficult to make a film that would fetch a five star rating.
“Trust me, it is very easy to make a film that we love to term as ‘niche outings’. I can make such a film with my eyes closed and still get a five star review for it,” she says in a confident tone.
She adds a disclaimer though, “However, I am sure that film would be watched only by fifty people. Sorry, but I want my films to be watched by fifty crore people and if in the process of doing so, I end up not making a few critics happy, I have no qualms in being extremely unapologetic about that. My audience comes first, not a few critics.”
Well, when her brother made the same declaration a few months back, he ended up winning the battle. Let’s see is she too is as lucky this time around.