Essence Of KHANDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaRjAnA

JaTT_On_JaunT
The Khanda constitutes three symbols in one. However, the name is derived from the central symbol, Khanda, a special type of double-edged sword which confirms the Sikhs' belief in One God.

The double-edged sword is the creative power of God which controls the destiny of the whole creation. It is sovereign power over life and death.

The right edge of the double-edged sword symbolizes freedom and authority governed by moral and spiritual values.

The left edge of the double-edged sword symbolizes divine justice which chastises and punishes the wicked oppressors.

On the left side is the sword of spiritual sovereignty, Piri; on the right side is the sword of political sovereignty, Miri.

There must always be a balance between the two and this balance is emphasized by a inside circle. The circle is what is called the Chakra. This is a symbol of all-embracing divine manifestation including everything and wanting nothing, without beginning or end, neither first or last, timeless, and absolute. It is the symbol of oneness, unity, justice, humanity and morality. The Chakra was also used by the Sikhs as one of the war weapons against injustice and oppression. Almost all Sikh warriors used to wear it in the eighteenth century.

GeNie_iN_a_boTtLe

~~brOwn sUg@~~
thnx heapz joj.....khanda paan da bada shauk c buh asli significance nayi pata c.......thnx heapz fo sharing dis information..........:wig :wig :wig :wig :wig

Sadhu

-
The symbol of d Khanda ws adopted by d sikh only in d 1930's.
Dats wen it ws first used on d Nishan Sahib.
It's actually an ancient Indian symbol.

trident_2a-1.jpg

trident_1-1.jpg

trident_2-1.jpg

ardhanarishvara5-1.jpg

-

KARAN

Prime VIP
hahaha, oye manush tera sara gyaan sikha te e nikalada, hor kamm ni hai koi tenu.
betha vekhda rehnda kado koi post labbhe te dhakke nal apni lambardari kre fa fer othe.

Sadhu

Manush. Kirpan's wer used by mugals aswell,,
Sooo singhs r mugals ????? Wakeup

-
D kirpan is not a religious symbol, but a khanda is.
N d kirpan is not on d sikh nishan sahib. The Khanda is.
N all dat I said ws dat d khanda is a hindu symbol.
No-one can say that I'm not d only one saying dat.
Most of d sikh know n say dis.
Evry sikh knows dat d nishan sahib did nt hv d khanda till s 1930's.
Even Guru gobind singh nvr used d symbol of d khanda.

N d images hv bin taken from sites like d sikhmuseum n shastarvidiya.
So I'm not d only one saying dat khanda is a symbol of sanatan shastar-vidiya.

As to sikh being hindu, I've always said dat if U don't want to b called a hindu
U r free not to, but sikhism is a sanatan religion. D sikh scripture says that.

ਅਬ ਮਨੁ ਉਲਟਿ ਸਨਾਤਨੁ ਹੂਆ ॥
Ab Man Oulatt Sanaathan Hooaa ||
ਤਬ ਜਾਨਿਆ ਜਬ ਜੀਵਤ ਮੂਆ ॥
Thab Jaaniaa Jab Jeevath Mooaa ||
ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਸੁਖਿ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਵਉ ॥
Kahu Kabeer Sukh Sehaj Samaavo ||
Guru Granth Sahib, Raag Gauri, 327

Also, U may not know dis but during d martial festival of 'Holla Mohalla', d Akali Nihangs
n Hazoori Sikhs of Hazoor Sahib in Nanded, Maharashtra, partake in a ritual where upon
reading of the martial ballads of 'Chandi' as written by Guru Gobind Singh, dey sacrifice
goats to d divine mother by decapitating dem wid a sword. Then dey apply d blood 'tilak'
to their foreheads, weapons, battle standards n war drums. D blood 'tilak' is seen as a
blessing from d goddess; it keeps d Hindu Sikh warrior spirit alive.

Even d guru used to wear a tilak. Every Guru.

-

ਇਹ ਮਨੁਸ਼ ਬੰਦਾ ਕਿੰਨਾ ਕੁੱਤਾ। ਕਿਵੇ ਇਹ ਤੇ ਇਸਦੇ ਜਾਤੀ ਹੱਲਕੇ ਹੋਏ ਕੁੱਤੇਆ ਵਾਗੂੰ ਸਿੱਖੀ ਦੇ ਮਗਰ ਪਏ ਨੇ। ਪਰ ਇਸ ਨੂੰ ਪਤਾ ਨਹੀ ਹੱਲਕੇ ਹੋਏ ਦੀ ਮੋਤ ਜਲਦੀ ਹੀ ਹੋ ਜਾਦੀ। ਇਸਦੇ ਸਿਰ ਪਰ ਤਾ ਮੈ ਇੱਟ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਗਿਆਨ ਦੀ ਮਾਰੂਗਾ।
ਅਬ ਮਨੁ ਉਲਟਿ ਸਨਾਤਨੁ ਹੂਆ ॥
Ab Man Oulatt Sanaathan Hooaa ||
ਤਬ ਜਾਨਿਆ ਜਬ ਜੀਵਤ ਮੂਆ ॥
Thab Jaaniaa Jab Jeevath Mooaa ||
ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਸੁਖਿ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਵਉ ॥
ਸਨਾਤਨੁ meaning ਪੁਰਾਣਾ, ਪੁਰਾਤਨ, ਮੁੱਢਲਾ, ਜੋ ਇਹ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਪਹਿਲ ਸੀ; (ਭਾਵ, ਆਪਣੇ ਅਸਲੇ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ, ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ)।
Kabeer is not referring to Snatam Dharma..Kabir is refering to Akal Puraak Waheguru that his mind has become pure by realizing the truth. There is no duality left
ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ-ਰਸ ਵਿਚ ਜੁੜੇ ਰਹਿਣ ਕਰਕੇ ਉਹ ਸਾਰੇ ਪਲਟ ਕੇ ਸੁਖ ਬਣ ਗਏ ਹਨ।
(ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਨੇ) ਆਪਣੇ ਅਸਲ ਸਰੂਪ ਨੂੰ ਪਛਾਣ ਲਿਆ ਹੈ (ਹੁਣ ਇਸ ਨੂੰ) ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਿੱਸ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ;
ਰੋਗ ਤੇ ਤਿੰਨੇ ਤਾਪ (ਹੁਣ) ਪੋਹ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਕਦੇ ॥੨॥
ਹੁਣ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨ (ਆਪਣੇ ਪਹਿਲੇ ਵਿਕਾਰਾਂ ਵਾਲੇ ਸੁਭਾਉ ਵਲੋਂ) ਹਟ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ;
(ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਦੀ) ਤਦੋਂ ਸਮਝ ਆਈ ਹੈ ਜਦੋਂ (ਇਹ ਮਨ) ਮਾਇਆ ਵਿਚ ਵਿਚਰਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਭੀ ਮਾਇਆ ਦੇ ਮੋਹ ਤੋਂ ਉੱਚਾ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ।
ਕਬੀਰ ਆਖਦਾ ਹੈ- ਮੈਂ ਆਤਮਕ ਅਨੰਦ ਵਿਚ ਅਡੋਲ ਅਵਸਥਾ ਵਿਚ ਜੁੜਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹਾਂ।
ਨਾਹ ਮੈਂ ਆਪ ਕਿਸੇ ਹੋਰ ਪਾਸੋਂ ਡਰਦਾ ਹਾਂ ਅਤੇ ਨਾਹ ਹੀ ਹੋਰਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਡਰਾਉਂਦਾ ਹਾਂ ॥੩॥੧੭॥

Sadhu

-
Kirpan is idendity of singh/kaur. How can u say its nt part of religion ????

-
But d kirpan ws removed from d sikh flag, d nishan sahib. D Khanda symbol took it's place.
Till d 1930's d nishan sahib dint hv d khanda. Thats all I'm saying. I'm nt saying dat d kirpan
is not a part of sikh identity. All I'm saying is dat d Khanda ws always a part of d Hindu identity.

Even Gatka is part of shastar vidya . Sikh scholars say dat.
Here : Home - Sanatan Shastar Vidiya

-

Kabeer is not referring to Snatam Dharma.. Kabir is refering to Akal Puraak Waheguru
that his mind has become pure by realizing the truth.

-
"Ab Man Oulatt Sanaathan Hooaa" is translated in English as "My mind has now been restored to its original purity".
So, Kabeer is not referring to Vahiguru. He is referring to original purity. Dats what Sanatan means.
N U guys say Sikhism is not Sanatan!!!

- -

@Manush you are soooo lost in translation. And even if its origional purity...its not purity of hinduism.
ਸੋਚੈ ਸੋਚਿ ਨਾ ਹੋਵਈ, ਜੇ ਸੋਚੀ ਲਖ ਵਾਰ (Japji sahib) Why didn't Guru say here you can be pure..just be snatan
ਸੋਚ ਕਰੇ ਦਿਨਸ ਅਰੁ ਰਾਤਿ॥ ਮਨ ਕੀ ਮੈਲੁ ਨ ਤਨ ਤੇ ਜਾਤਿ॥ (Sukhmani Sahib) and why not here? Moron....
Its purity of the Creator. From Aadh (beggining of everything, where there was no such thing as time, day or night. you idiot) It was only Akal Purak...and that is what Kabeer is refering to
Kabber also is saying ((Bahman guru hai jagat ka, bhagtan ka gur nahi)). SO Kabeer it totally separating himself from Hindu Dharma/Snatam Dharam. Who is Bhagtan ka Guru? WaheGUru (Creator)
Its up to Sikhs what they want to adopt as their Khanda. We all originated from somewhere. Guru being Khastriya...Warrior Cast...I am not suprised.
In the begining of the articale it says
On the left side is the sword of spiritual sovereignty, Piri; on the right side is the sword of political sovereignty, Miri. And you are such an profound idiot..you are saying there is no sword..because moron like you do not even know what is a sword and what is khanda. Go to a Gurudwara and we will show u what is a Kirpan and what is a Khanda.. you can also touch it and feel it...try holding it and swinging it..instead of taking about it here on the site. Sikh Insignia is a combination of Khanda...(which guru gobind used to create amrit and also Baba deep singh used to fight to drive moguls out of Harminder Sahib) swords, and a chakra...So there is our history and I do not give rats ass about your history and what your kind has used it for. Thats why we have everything organized and it clearly says up on top what is the essence of khanda ...so shut your dirty hole. We eat same roti as hindus and muslims. We also wear clothes like them. Similar musical instruments...same language. That makes us what? Absolutely nothing...its a cultural thing...not a religious thing. But someone like you would use that oh you guys eat the same roti as us..now you are all hindus.
Take your fake and ignorant knowledge somewhere else and sell it to Apes....not here. We know what Our Sikh Insignia is and whats the meaning and purpose of it. What we adop and what we take out..its OUR choice...its Panths Choice.
Sare veera bhena nu behnti hai...Raaj Raaj Ke Sikhi Bare Likho...Hor Eis bande nu aag lao

tomarnidhi

is post mein usne koi aisa word use nahi kiya hai, that was different topic baat katam

es cho hindus te sikha diya gall hai nai koi , respectfully sareya naal gall honi chahidi

U

userid97899

is post mein usne koi aisa word use nahi kiya hai, that was different topic baat katam

es cho hindus te sikha diya gall hai nai koi , respectfully sareya naal gall honi chahidi

pehlia ch bada kuj likhya , kutta shabad is layi & ehde varge layi theek hi hai , main ta pm ch bada kuj kiha isne juwab hi nahi ditta , je ankh wala hunda juwab dinda :roll eho jahia gallah sun jehda juwab nahi dinda oh kutta hi hoyea :))

jehoo jeho jiha beej beeje ga ohu jiha hi boota nikle ga :pop

Singh-a-lion

Prime VIP
How its part of hindu identity only???? Does bahman carry khanda with der janeu ???
Its a weapon soo any one can carry it.
As flag of babber khalsa got ak-47 on it. Nd ak-47 was used by ladein aswell.
Soo sikhs r muslims????
Weapon doesnt represent religion.

Sadhu

-
Kabber also is saying ((Bahman guru hai jagat ka, bhagtan ka gur nahi)). SO Kabeer it totally
separating himself from Hindu Dharma/Snatam Dharam. Who is Bhagtan ka Guru? WaheGUru (Creator)

-
If Kabeer is not Hindu then he is d founder of Sikhism. Bt U won't accept that coz he ws a julaha,
a low caste. N Waheguru is just a combination of d first letters of Vishnu, Hari, Gobind and Ram.
Bhai Gurdasji says so, in Vaaran Bhai Gurdas-ji, Var 1, pauri 49.

WaheGuru Mantar
Satijougi Satigur Vaasadayv Vavaa Visanaa Naamu Japaavai.
Duaapari Satigur Haree Krisan Haahaa Hari Hari Naamu Japaavai.
Taytay Satigur Raam Jee Raaraa Raam Japay Soukhu Paavai.
Kalijougi Naanak Gur Gobind Gagaa Gobind Naamu Alaavai.
Chaaray Jaagay Chahu Jougee Panchaain Vichi Jaai Samaavai.
Chaaro Achhar Iku Kari Vaahaguroo Japu Mantr Japaavai.
Jahaa Tay Oupajiaa Dhiri Tahaa Samaavai ॥49॥1॥

U can read on searchgurbani.
Here : https://www.searchgurbani.com/bhai_gurdas_vaaran/vaar/1/pauri/49

-
Take your fake and ignorant knowledge somewhere else and sell it to
Apes....not here. We know what Our Sikh Insignia is and whats the meaning and purpose of it.
What we adop and what we take out..its OUR choice...its Panths Choice.

I'm not selling Hinduism to anyone. ther's no need to. All I said is dat d Khanda symbol is a hindu symbol.
It can b found even today on walls of shiva temples in south india. One temles dates back 1700 yrs ago.
U say it's Panth choice as to what sikh symbols shud be but U don't kno dat d Panth itself is Hindu.

"My Dharma is Hindu. It is very dear to; how can I destroy it [by denying and forsaking it]? In this and
the next world, it gives comfort. There is no other to be had in comparison to it. Only a fool of impure
intellect [would forsake it]. He forsakes it he who is an enemy of Dharma."

(Kavi Santokh Singh, Suraj Parkash, ed. Bhai Vir Singh, 11: 4468-4469)

"The meaning of all this is that the true practices of the Khalsa are all not in any way opposing
the Hindu Dharma texts. They are all given testimony to and praised there. For this reason the
Khalsa is the true example of 'Sanatan' Hindus."

(Avatar Singh Vahiria, Khalsa Sudar Tru, Chapter 1, Khalsa Ateh Hindu da Nitara,
(Sant Singh Loodar oriental press, Lahore, n.d.),1:46)

- -
@VIP_FAKEER can we please have a healthy discussion & not use foul language for one another????

When someone loses his cool it means he's lost d argument. He hates me coz he is beginning to agree with me.

- -
How its part of hindu identity only???? Does bahman carry khanda with der janeu ???
Its a weapon soo any one can carry it.
Weapon doesnt represent religion.

II'm not talking abt d weapon. I'm talking abt d symbol dats on d ssikh flag, d nishan sahib.
Dat symbol is Hindu
Dis one is 1300 yrs old. It's in a museum in south India. Another one, an 1100 yrs old from d chola empire
is in a museum in cleveland, USA.

trident_2a-1.jpg

-

@VIP_FAKEER can we please have a healthy discussion & not use foul language for one another????

I can have healthy discussion with people with some who have true gaiyaan (knowledge)
You have no idea how low & dirty this @maush speak of Guru's
If you guys want to block me go ahead. But for this @maush Ape, this will be my language

Status
Not open for further replies.