Drunk men smash beer bottles on woman’s head in South Delhi

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
A 23-year-old journalism student and her male friend were allegedly attacked by a group of drunk men in south Delhi’s Amar Colony area early Tuesday morning.
The men allegedly smashed empty beer bottles on their heads and thrashed them when the woman spoke up when they passed inappropriate comments at her.
Speaking to HT, the woman’s friend said, “She returned from a party with two friends around 12 midnight when she realised she had left her phone in the car. She, along with her friend, went downstairs to get the phone. When she was walking towards the car, two men standing on the first floor of the opposite building started passing comments. At first she ignored but when they started abusing, she said she would call the police.”
The moment she threatened to call the police, the two men went inside and came back with three more persons, including a woman.
“They were drunk and threatened to kill my friend. They charged towards her with empty beer bottles and attacked her. They smashed the bottle on her head and she fell on the road bleeding. They kicked and thrashed them. Her male friend somehow managed to escape and called the PCR. When the men saw my friend bleeding, they panicked and fled,” she said.

She said, “The woman was trying to save my friend and told them that they should not thrash a woman but they did not seem to care.”
The victim’s friend said despite informing the PCR, the police did not reach the spot and the 23-year-old had to call Amar Colony police station to register her complaint. She was then taken to AIIMS trauma centre after which a case was registered.
“We identified the persons involved in the case and arrest them. We have accessed CCTV footage as evidence. The woman will record her statement before the magistrate on Wednesday,” DCP, southeast, MS Randhawa said.
Later on Tuesday evening, the woman who was with the men lodged a counter complaint, alleging it was the 23-year-old woman and her male friend who physically assaulted her.
“We are looking into the complaint,” a senior police officer said.