Getting a stub of flesh under the chin is one of the most conspicuous signs of ageing. Termed as double chin, this crease of extra flesh is indeed an eyesore, and can make you look ten times younger than what you actually are. Apart from the age factor, loose facial muscles or improper eating habits may also lead to a double chin. Therefore, the best way of preventing and getting rid of these unwanted baggy layers under your chin is to eat a nutritious meal and follow a proper exercise regimen. You can also try a few facial exercises that will help you strengthen the slack muscles and remove the under-chin fat. Learn how to get rid of a double chin with these exercises listed below.
- Lie straight on your back. See that your hands and legs are straight. Stare at the ceiling. Now, slowly bring your head down, and press your chin to your chest. Count until five, and then relax. Calm down for five seconds, and repeat. Do around 20-25 times everyday.
- Sit in a straight posture, keeping the backbone rigid. Now, tilt your head to the back, so that you stare straight at the ceiling. Slightly tug the neck skin with your hand, and keep holding so, while you are exercising. Next, pull your lower jaw forward, while pressing the lips together. Hold on for 5 seconds, and then relax. Repeat for 20-25 times daily.
- Lie on your back. Keep your legs straight, and see that your hands lie straight near your thighs. Now, slowly lift the lower portion of your head up, in such a way, that your chin is the highest point of the head. Hold it for 2 seconds and then slowly release. Make 25 repetitions.
- Sit in front of a mirror. Now, open your mouth widely. Slowly, tilt your head towards the back and cover your upper lip with the help of your lower lip. Hold for a count of five, and then release. Repeat 10 times.
- Sit in an upright posture. Now, slowly tilt your head up and look towards the ceiling. Looking up, open your mouth widely and then shut it. Try to put a strain in the chin’s undermuscles. Do it continuously for 10-15 times, and then relax.
- Sit in a straight posture. Now, lift your head and look at the ceiling. Pretend to chew something in an exaggerated fashion. Continue chewing for 10-15 seconds and relax.
- Place your palms on your forehead, fingers widely spread Now, try to push your head forward, while trying to resist the forward motion with the help of your neck and chin. Do 10 times everyday.