**DON MUTHUSWAMI** Music Review~

HoneY

MaaPeya Da LaaDLa
Despite of recent disappointing maneuvers, Anu Malik is culminating out to be hot news in this scorching summer as he makes his presence felt for the fourth time in succession. After the average success of WOODSTOCK VILLA and debacles of ANAMIKA and HASTEY HASTEY, the album holds minor surprises with credible sounding young vocal talents making their way. The album comes out in concise packaging with just one lovable "campus-feel" melody striking out gold and making itself significant as signature feel of the album in three out of six soundtracks.

Anu Malik's most commendable work in his second innings of rejuvenation strikes its major success in lovable lovey-dovey type of "campus-love" soundtrack "I Love You". It charters back to Jatin-Lalit style of teenage-love music that was once big rage in tracks like "Pehla Nasha" (JO JEETA WOHI SIKANDER). Upcoming singing talents Emon Chatterjee and Deepali shows great promise in their different sounding baritones that gels delightfully with tender-feel orchestration. The genteel feel of romanticism in subtle arrangements has magical charm that works amicably with fine set of Hindi-English wordings in Amitabh Varma's work. Last year, there was similar sounding track "Kaun Hoon Main" (MP3-MERA PEHLA PEHLA PYAR) that went unnoticed and now it faces hard times for being part of low profile album. Anu makes positive moves by recreating it in "karaoke" version as this syrupy melody deserves to be idolized by upcoming singing talents. Do feel the rhythmic blues of light hearted electric guitar strumming, subtle percussions, sensuous "alaaps" and impressive violin works that sets an ambience of serenity in air. Brilliant!!!

The delectably poised tranquil signature feel of "I Love You" gets transcended into situational romantic duet in pleasant sounding "Tum Kaun Ho". Shaan's "yuppie" feel sentimental blows in lively paced "mukhdas" are laudable while Mahalaxmi modestly emoted rendition simply adds to the credentials. It's another impressive contemporary work by impressive Amitabh Verma in simple wording with enchanting rhythmic backdrop of "I Love You".

Anu Malik makes himself singing commodity for the first time in the album by delivering out hip-hop cum "bhangra" base stylized marriage "naach-gaana" type of contemporary soundtrack "Baby I Love". Anu makes it to the upbeat demands by incorporating all trendy elements of music but the charismatic catchy blaze is missing. It may be amusing in its flashy cinematic works but overall it ends up as mediocre sounding situational work. "Baby I Love (karaoke)" is another audible instrumental work for its thriving trendy arrangements but neither its routine composition nor its ordinary wording makes it as promising as "I Love You (karaoke)".

"Dialogues from the film" is promotional characteristic feature that works better as filler in this concise album features the assorted situations of the film where different characters behaves preposterously in peculiar situations by rendering out double meaning humorous one-liners and punches. Mithun Chakraborty's South Indian accented dialogues (modeled after his comical attire of Krishnan Iyer M.A in AGNEEPATH) makes prominent feature in this five minutes plus while other actors makes their miniscule vocal appearances.

Anu Malik shows his brighter side in this low contented album DON MUTHUSWAMI with couple of delightful melodies. Soundtracks like "I Love You" and "Tum Kain Ho" are likely to finding it's enthuse takers among teenyboppers. Despite genuine efforts, DON MUTHUSWAMI can't be termed as "comeback" album for Anu Malik but will be better remembered for highlighting couple of promising vocal talents in the marquee.