DIY Coffee Scrubs Help Get Rid Of Cellulite

Alright ladies, I don’t know about you but the back of my thighs don’t look as, ummmm, smooth as they once did. As I understand it, cellulite develops over time in areas of the body that don’t get much circulation. Considering the amount of time I spend sitting in front of the computer (to write and research these handy tips, lol), no wonder I have a problem! It also explains why the butt and back of the legs develop that “cottage cheese” look that commonly develops as we age.
Exercise routines that focus on your problem areas can help, but here’s an interesting tip sent in by Linda: save your coffee grounds to use as a body scrub on areas that have cellulite. Of course that tip caught my full attention and I just had to investigate further…and yup, apparently it can help. Here’s the scoop:
Directions:

• Make a homemade scrub with olive oil and warm coffee grounds. You don’t need to use the grounds as soon as they’ve brewed, refrigerate them until needed and then microwave for about 30 seconds or so until they’re toasty warm (not hot).
  • Mix the warmed grounds with enough olive oil to make a thick paste then scrub into your problem areas to stimulate the blood flow.
  • Massage vigorously for a few minutes then shower to wash it all away. You can also intensify the treatment by wrapping the applied scrub with plastic wrap and leaving it on for up to 15 minutes before showering.
  • Repeat procedure 2 to 3 times a week. May take several months of consistent treatments for significant results to appear.
  • Another scrub recipe: 1 cup freshly ground coffee, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup sea salt and 1/2 cup almond oil. Seal in a jar and store in a cool, dry place (shelf life is about 4 weeks). Massage into trouble spots for at least 5 minutes.
Does it matter if the coffee is decaffeinated? Apparently it does, the caffeine is an important ingredient that can’t be skipped.
Here Are A Few More Remedies:

• Scrub area with a loofah sponge and slightly warm olive oil for a few minutes before showering.
  • Massage problem areas regularly to work on the fatty bumps and lumps, this helps increase circulation.
  • Bathe twice a week with 2 cups of coarse sea salt added to the water.
  • Drinking lots of water helps your skin stay hydrated and fights off trouble from developing in the first place.