Dell unveils Inspiron R series laptops

chief

Prime VIP

Dell has introduced its new Inspiron R series laptops with a glossy look and forward-positioned hinge. These new Inspiron R series laptops come equipped with Intel Core i3 and Core i5 series processors just like the existing Inspiron models. In India, we already have Inspiron 14R and 15R laptops but with a different look and design. The freshly announced Inspiron R series laptops also offer Intel Wireless Display as an option. Dell is offering these new 14-inch, 15-inch and 17-inch Inspiron R series laptops in four colors - Mars Black, Peacock Blue, Tomato Red and Lotus Pink.

The new Inspiron R series laptops come equipped with same internal hardware as that of Inspiron series. Dell offers Intel Core i5 and i3 mobile processors in each Inspiron R series laptop and Windows 7 OS pre-loaded. One can add up to 8GB DDR3 RAM and up to 640GB HDD on select models. These laptops come in 14-inch, 15-inch and 17-inch display screens and offer ATI Mobility Radeon HD graphics card with 1GB video memory for better looking graphics. Apart from that these laptops come with built-in WiFi, Webcam and WLAN support. One can expect good quality stereo sound with SRS Premium Sound integrated.

The Inspiron R laptops come with Intel WiDi Technology that allows connecting them to HDTVs by pairing with third party Intel Wireless Display Adapter. Now all laptops will come with chiclet style keyboard with spaced out keys along with multi-touch gestures based Trackpad.

The Inspiron R series laptops are available at a price starting $449 (Rs. 20,700 approx.) and select models could be purchased from June 25 onwards.